How can I request for app usage fee removal due to financial challenges?

Dzunani3
Visitor
1 0 0

Dear Shopify Customer Support,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to request the removal of the Shopify App usage fee charges from my store, TECHNOVA. I am facing significant financial challenges and have been unable to generate any sales through my store since its inception. As a result, I find myself unable to afford the app usage fee charges imposed by Shopify.

I fully understand and appreciate the value of the services Shopify provides to its users. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, my business has not yet taken off, leaving me in a difficult financial situation. I kindly request your understanding and support during this challenging period.

I sincerely hope for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Your assistance will significantly alleviate the financial burden I am currently facing and allow me to focus on growing my business without the additional stress of unaffordable charges.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Reply 1 (1)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1683 109 219

Hi, @Dzunani3.

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out about this and let us know what you're experiencing right now.

Shopify operates on a subscription basis, so in order for your store to remain active, it needs to be on a paid plan. Subscription costs are not negotiable, though there is a plan that may be more feasible for you at this time. Have you considered switching to the Pause and Build plan? This will allow you to continue working on your store at a reduced cost until you're ready to relaunch.

Another option is to temporarily close the store. Shopify will keep your data on file for 2 years, so you can reactivate the account if you're ready to come back to it within that time period.

With either the pause or close option, you can focus your efforts on marketing your products and building a following on social media and/or an email list, letting customers know when you'll be reopening the store.

If you'd prefer to stick with your current plan instead, we can talk about ways to draw in customers. I recommend starting with our guide to making your first sale. Let me know what you think!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog