How can you identify recurring orders through API?

jannisch
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi there,

According to the documentation, the only connection from an Order to a SubscriptionContract is through LineItem. This makes sense to me, as single order might start a new subscription but still include additional non-subscription items. Yet, it's pretty crucial to be able to differentiate between regular orders created by a customer and recurring orders created by Shopify from a subscription contract.

Is there any efficient way to do so, without querying an order's line items / first line item? For instance, does Shopify set a tag for recurring orders?

Reply 1 (1)

Kevin_ES
Shopify Partner
21 1 1

Shopify does not tag subscription orders separately by default, but they do provide app developers who use the native subscription APIs an option to be able to tag the subscription options separately through the tagsAdd mutation. If you’d like to read up more about it, you can do so here.

I’m Kevin, the Product Manager at Easy Subscription, our recently launched app built by the masterminds behind ITGeeks, the most renowned Shopify Experts and I think our app will be a perfect fit for you! We have incorporated it into our app’s functionality and offer it as a simple one-click solution so you do not need to go through the hassle of configuring it yourself. 🙂

You can check out our app here.

If you’d like to visit our website, you can check it out here.