How Do I Collate Orders into Product Type Size & Quantity?

CrazyCritters
Explorer
50 0 5

Hi, 

Our online store has been doing really well since we launched in January and our orders are increasing dramatically every week.

The issue is we have been printing the packing slips and using these to manually tally the total number of products across all unfulfilled orders which is taking a LONG time.  

I'm hoping either Shopify has a feature that I haven't discovered yet or there is an app that will allow me to collate our unfulfilled orders by product variants so we know how many of each product type size and quantity to get ready, then organise them into customer orders. 

i.e.

Product 1a (10g) x 10

Product 1b (20g) x 5

Product 1c (50g) x 5

Product 2a (10g) x 10

Product 2b (20g) x 10

Product 2c (50g) x 5

Rather than...

Order #1001 

Product 1a (10g) x 5

Product 2b (20g) x 10

Product 2c (50g) x 3

Order #1002

Product 1a (10g) x 5

Product 1b (20g) x 3

Product 1c (50g) x 4

Product 2a (10g) x 5

Product 2c (50g) x 2

Order #1003

Product 1b (20g) x 2

Product 1c (50g) x 1

Product 2a (10g) x 5

I have no idea what this process is called so I did a search for 'inventory management' ad 'order fulfilment' but haven't come across anything yet. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated 🙂 

TIA

Replies 5 (5)

Wozza
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hi there

Our client was having the same issue and what we suggested to him was to follow the process below

> Go to orders

> Within Orders select the orders that need to be picked (ie check box - see screenshot below)

> Scroll back up to the top of the page

> Select Export

> In the pop-up Export window ensure you select the correct choice for export (based on the number of orders you ticked - see screenshot below)

> 7 orders ticked & 7 orders chosen for export

> Save & download the CSV file & open the CSV 

The spreadsheet has all products and orders quantities. 

> Print spreadsheet off if required - delete all unnecessary columns if required

Wozza_1-1626825541376.png

Wozza_0-1626825162503.png

Hope this helped

Cheers

Brian

Flarecom Digital 

Jonathan-HA
Shopify Partner
316 24 99

Hey @CrazyCritters ,

I'm not sure whether you're looking for an automated way to create a custom CSV or Excel export of your unfulfilled orders but we have an app, EZ Exporter, that might be able to help with this.

We have a "Grouping and Aggregation" feature where you can group the line item rows by a line item field (such as the line item name, SKU, or Variant ID) and then sum up the fulfillable quantity field.  So each row in the CSV/Excel report will be a unique product variant and will have a column for the total quantity that needs to be fulfilled for each unique variant.

Here's a sample of what this would look like after exporting with our app:

JonathanHA_0-1626833115703.png

You can also schedule the export to run automatically and have it sent to an email address, Google Sheets, Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, or an FTP/SFTP server so this could save additional time.

We have a 7-day free trial period in case you'd like to give it a try and feel free to contact us at support@highviewapps.com if you have any questions or need any assistance.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
169 6 16

Hi @CrazyCritters,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team.

I believe our app Better Reports may be able to help.

We can create a custom report that shows quantity pending fulfillment by product variant only for unfulfilled orders. This will aggregate the quantity for each product variant across all of your unfulfilled orders to give you the totals remaining to be filled. This will update in real-time as orders are filled and new orders come in. You can even schedule this to be sent daily to your email or Google Drive.

In addition to our custom report capabilities, we have more than 80 built-in reports that cover your most common reporting needs including sales, current inventory, refunds, payouts, and more. 

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
303 11 20

Hi @CrazyCritters ,

I am John from Report Pundit, a reporting and analytics app with more than 500 five-star reviews.

You can also try Report Pundit. We have 14 days of free trial.

Report Pundit has a grouping feature. It has the option to group the unfulfilled orders by product title, product type, vendor, etc.

As per your example, We can group by Product 1a, Product 1b, Product 1c, etc, and can schedule it to your email, Google Drive, FTP & BigQuery

Our team can create custom reports specific to your business.

Contact us at support@reportpundit.com  or our live chat support for help in creating reports.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

Dеnis
Shopify Partner
36 0 2

Hi, @CrazyCritters 

Denis from Advanced Reports is here.

It is possible to achieve your requirements with our Sales by Product or Sales by the Variant report but with the applied filter to include only unfulfilled orders.

The report looks like this, it is sample data from my test store, the screenshot is clickable:

Dnis_0-1626987255558.png

Just Play in Analytics with Advanced Reports
Other Great Apps: [ Shopping Feeds | Instant Search ]
Socials: [ Facebook | Twitter | Blog ]