How much does a custom Shopify plugin development typically cost?

xhalles
4 0 0

What is the average cost to develop a shopify plugin, that will allow a custom product configurator to be seamlessly integrated into another shopify store by way of a plugin? And, does Shopify have a list of top plugin dev's? thanks!

Replies 3 (3)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @xhalles!

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Thank you for sharing your question with our network. I invite you to learn more about Shopify Experts and browse the list of developers on the website. You can filter search results by specialty, services, location, language and even enter a price range to get a customized match for your needs.

I do want to clarify that while I would love to give you a straight answer to your question, it's very difficult to provide flat rates for projects as they are very much dependent on many factors. Things like the time it takes to build the app, the expert level and popularity of your chosen developer and even design changes can change the quote. 

To get a more precise ballpark, open up the experts link I shared and "create job" from the top-right hand corner of the site. That will help you navigate different quotations and also better explain your project needs.

I trust that helps,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 42

Hi @xhalles,

You have various custom product configurator apps to choose from in the Shopify App Store, eliminating the need to hire developers for a custom solution.

While you haven't specified the exact features you need, I recommend trying the Easify Product Options app (Free plan available). It offers unlimited product options with 25 input types, such as text box, checkbox, dropdown, image swatches, and many more 🤗.

Give the app a shot to see if it meets your requirements. In case none of the available apps suit your needs, then hiring developers could be an option.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support
Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Thanks for adding your feedback to this thread, @EasifyApps-Zoe!

Another thought came to mind when reviewing this thread, @xhalles, which is that you can use a stock syncing app between two stores such as Stock Sync. A pre-built app like this can help you manage inventory and product data between two different stores without building a custom app.

Check that out and also the recommendation from, @EasifyApps-Zoe, to see if that is a better fit as well.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog