How to handle trademark infringement notices for apps?

wick12
Shopify Partner
4 0 0
Infringing URLs on Shopify
Wed, Mar 06, 2024 at 6:09 PM To: abuse@shopify.com
Tracer is authorized by Google LLC to act on its behalf to submit notices of intellectual property infringement with respect to Google’s trademarks and copyrights. A letter of authority is attached.
We are contacting you regarding the apps listed below: (MYAPP)
The apps use Google's trademarks and/or copyrights, without authorization, including but not limited to GOOGLE ADS:

A full list of relevant trademarks will be provided upon request. Please direct any responses to this complaint to the attention of Managed Services: google@tracer.ai.

The above statements are made with a good faith belief that the use of the material identified herein is not authorized by the intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; the above statements are made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that Tracer is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.

[SIGNATURE TO BE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST]
Replies 3 (3)

wick12
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Anyone know how to handle this ? 

YOD_Solutions
Shopify Partner
200 22 29

Did you get this email from Shopify or from tracer.ai? I would remove any reference of trademarked terms for peace of mind. 

Founder @ JsRates: Custom Shipping Rates
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more about JsRates visit the JsRates home page or JsRates documentation
- Find JsRates on Shopify app store
wick12
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Today i got this email from shopify legal team, i think they got confuse or not understanding the matter

Hi there,

You have mentioned that you are an authorized reseller. In order for us to verify you are an authorized reseller, please respond to this email with the following documents:

• Written authorization from all of the brand(s) or rightsholder(s) whose products you sell
  • Invoices from the suppliers these products were purchased from

If you are unable to provide the requested documentation or we don’t receive a valid response from you by March 15, the content reported in the Notice will be removed.

and my Replied

Hello Shopify Team,

I want to clarify that I am the owner of an app, not a Shopify store. The inquiry you've sent seems to be related to a Shopify store, which I do not own. Could you please verify if this email is intended for me?

Additionally, I do not have brand authorization for resale, as it does not apply to apps. Similarly, I do not possess a supplier list, as this also does not apply to apps.

If someone has filed an infringement claim against my app, I kindly request both you and the individual to share relevant documents with me.

Please provide me with exact details so that we can work towards resolving this matter amicably.

Thank you.