I'm trying to connect my shopify account to facebook to list my catalogue

mymerchandize
Visitor
1 0 0

"We’re unable to create your Commerce Account because Facebook Shops and Instagram Shopping is unavailable in your region. Learn more about Commerce Eligibility Requirements."

It keeps saying this when i try creating ecommerce account, what should i do? How can i fix it?

Replies 3 (3)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @mymerchandize

Mac from Shopify here! Thanks for posting this question. I’m happy to help out.

I understand the importance of using Facebook and Instagram shopping to promote your business. I will provide some insight on why you have received this message when creating a commerce account, and share a few common workarounds on how to drive traffic to your website.

Facebook requires that you are located in one of the supported markets to use their services. You can check out this resource on the Supported Markets for Commerce Surfaces on Facebook and this list of the Supported Markets for Instagram Shopping. I also recommend checking out this help document on Commerce Eligibility Requirements for more information.

If your country is currently not supported, we have various high-impact tactics for driving more traffic to your online store:

• My first suggestion would be to engage in conversation on social media. This is a very cost effective method of creating initial awareness, traffic, and sales. To do this, you will need to attract customers through content marketing and look for chances to help people or add value to their conversations on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Reddit. Check out this guide on how to Increase Engagement on Social Media.

• Another method is to reach new audiences with influencer marketing. This is the process of building relationships with influencers to get your online store in front of new audiences. To learn more about this, take a look at our guide to influencer marketing here and check out a list of the popular platforms to collaborate with influencers. 

• Finally, a great way to increase organic traffic to your website is through search engine optimization (SEO). Doing so will increase your store’s discoverability by using relevant keywords that your target customers will likely search for on Google. Check out this resource on how to increase SEO and get started.

I don't want to overwhelm you with information right now. So, let me know when you're done reading through those resources, and then we can talk more about your business! What type of products are you selling? Do you have any current marketing initiatives? 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

technik
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, i have the same problem. We are located in Luxembourg in EMEA, and both facebook and instagram support Lux for shops. We tried changing location and other things, it didnt help. what shall we do now?

ScubaScreen
Visitor
2 0 0

We have the same issue... I'm located in the UK and selling items in the USA. This is crippling! Please can someone post some assistance as there is nothing online other than people reporting the issue and others saying just wait and keep trying...!