in my admin panel create private app option is missing

ixfreddy
2 0 3

how can i fix this problem?, in admin panel, the option APPS don't have the create the private app.

Replies 15 (15)
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1441 138 324

Hi @ixfreddy,

The option to enable private apps on your store can be found at the bottom of the Apps section of the admin. It looks like this:

20-10-s9n3q-981x3

You'll want to click on the "Manage private apps" link, which will then take you to another page where private app development can be enabled on your store:

20-10-kd9zy-kxxab

Once you have completed this process you'll be able to add private apps to your store. Please let me know if you experience any issues when doing this, or if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SClarke77
2 0 2

Has this changed? I can't find the option to manage private apps. I just see the following:

Screenshot 2021-04-07 093556.jpg

SClarke77
2 0 2

Oops please ignore my post. I was looking on the Partner Apps section, not the one for a specific store.

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1441 138 324

Hi @SClarke77,

No problem at all. If you are having any issues accessing the Partner apps section please let me know.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

fammendola
4 0 0

Hi I have setup private apps for a few of my clients, but on one particular store the option to manage private apps is not available.  Where it should have the manage private apps it simply says "learn more about apps."

Is there a setting I missed to turn this on?

fammendola_0-1641570850172.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1441 138 324

Hi @fammendola,

Thank you for getting in touch. Can you tell me a bit more about the store you are referencing? Is it a development store, or is it on a paid plan? If it's the latter, is the merchant subscribed to one of our standard plans or are they using Shopify Plus?

fammendola
4 0 0

It looks like the vendor is using a standard plan.  I could not find which plan they are using.

fammendola
4 0 0

To add to this note, I have 11 Shopify clients stores that I work with.  Some have Shopify Basic all the way to Plus.  Every Plan that I have seen has access to private apps.  All but 2 of my clients have access.  Both of them have the middle plan Shopify.

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1441 138 324

Hi @fammendola,

Thank you for clarifying that. All Shopify merchants on non-Plus plans must enable private app development on their store, and this can only be done by the store's account owner. Please ensure that the merchant is logged into their store under their account owner's account, otherwise they will not be seeing the option to enable private apps.

I would also recommend having them check that they have not enabled private app development on their store already; they will see the following card at the bottom of their Apps page if they have already enabled them:

31-10-29062-83222

fammendola
4 0 0

Thanks Victor,

Does it have anything to do with the below?  note that I found regarding Private Apps?

fammendola_0-1643730963397.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1441 138 324

Hi @fammendola,

The ability to create private apps is indeed being depreciated, but custom apps can still be created for merchant stores. Both custom and private apps can be built for a single shop, but custom apps will be built by a developer for a merchant to then install into their store. You can read more about custom apps here.

BigTimeDesign
1 0 0

Has the removal of private apps / transfer to custom apps been completely released to all Shopify merchants?  We noticed a few stores still had private apps available up until yesterday morning (EST). 

thanks,

BTDC

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1441 138 324

Hi @BigTimeDesign,

The deprecation of private apps on Shopify is currently only affecting the creation of new private apps. Merchants will still be able to edit and use existing private apps on their store, but they will not be able to create new ones.

We are encouraging those who wish to create new apps for their store to do so with custom apps instead.

mecha_artistix
1 0 0

Hi Victor,

I am having the same problem.. Can't see the option for enabling and creating private apps in my development store under partners account 

mecha_artistix_0-1647874351513.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1441 138 324

Hi @mecha_artistix,

As mentioned above, the option to enable private app development on your store is no longer available and we are encouraging merchants and Partners to use custom apps instead. Custom apps can be used to create apps specifically for your store.

If you wish to add a custom app to your development store, you can create an app within your Partner dashboard and then choose for which store you'd like to install the app. You'll be able to "Select store" within the Test your app section of the app, which is accessible in the Partner dashboard.