Kit App

Seal-Extrusions
Tourist
9 0 35

Had an email from Shopify saying the "Kit" app is being removed and will end on August 31st? is there an alternative to this or any reason why its being removed? Its such a handy little app' I use it all the time?

Replies 98 (98)
Brie
Shopify Staff
568 48 103

Hey, @Seal-Extrusions!

The app is being sunset as most of it's marketing capabilities are now built directly into your admin (it was built in a time when this wasn't the case). You should be able to find everything you need for marketing without the use of the app - I'd recommend walking through our help docs on how to utilize the marketing sections of your admin:

Feel free to let me know if you have any trouble with the Marketing section of your admin or if you have any questions. Cheers!

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AshlynD
Excursionist
17 0 25

I agree.  I love this little app.  I’m a very small business and I use it for my Facebook posts.  It’s nice to be able to set up free posts for current subscribers.  And, it’s so easy to use.

fmcl
Tourist
6 0 10

@Brie Thanks for this - I'd be interested to know what you recommend to use as an alternative to the automated 'thank you' email that Kit sends out?  I can't see this in the marketing functionality on Shopify

Thanks!

Seal-Extrusions
Tourist
9 0 35

@Brie "Thanks for this - I'd be interested to know what you recommend to use as an alternative to the automated 'thank you' email that Kit sends out?  I can't see this in the marketing functionality on Shopify"  I would also like to know what you suggest, the automated thank you email gets a lot of response for me from customers and also with Kit I get reminder messages sent to me to post updates or adverts etc? 

Stu

AshlynD
Excursionist
17 0 25

@Brie Another function that I use often is the priority products list - I use it to set up FB posts for the week. The recent best sellers and slow moving inventory product groupings are also very useful.  Is there a similar function elsewhere in the marketing section?

Brie
Shopify Staff
568 48 103

Hi, all! 

@fmcl - You can find many alternatives to the thank you email in your admin - you can use the basic order confirmation email that Shopify sends out, however if this isn't satisfactory you can use Shopify Email manually or a different email marketing app of your choice for automations. 

@Seal-Extrusions - You can schedule email marketing updates via the same methods mentioned above, and to schedule ad campaigns you can do this all from the new Facebook channel. 

@AshlynD - I'm afraid "best sellers" and "slow moving inventory" groupings aren't available when creating an ad in the new Facebook channel, however it will help you to create an audience and you can always look at your Shopify Analytics to gain those same insights if you need them.

Hope that helps! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Patrick_Draper
Tourist
11 0 21

Hey, I'm in the same boat here, trying to find a replacement for Kit's 1st & 2nd email sequence. 

@Brie, I have been looking into Shopify Email and haven't been able to figure out how I could replicate what Kit is doing with those 2 emails. I don't want to use the order confirmation email as the personal thank-you that customers get through Kit. I dug into the possibility of customer segments and then using Shopify Email, but I don't see a clear path to just have new customers receive that same email. 

Can you elaborate on how specifically I could do that? These 2 emails have gotten a very positive response, as others have said on this thread, and I haven't found a similar setup either through Shopify Email, or through our email marketing app, Omnisend. The category of 'new customer/1st order' seems hard to create. 

Any advice on how to do so is much appreciated

AshlynD
Excursionist
17 0 25

Is there any chance of Kit app users voting on whether the app should be discontinued? Or, could we at least have a one year extension while Shopify duplicates Kit’s features?

Seguno_brian
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi @Patrick_Draper@Seal-Extrusions, and @fmcl,

Brian here from Seguno Software. We also loved Kit for our users and even had a Kit Skill integration that we're replacing next week.  However, we have a solution built into our Email Marketing app for your 1st and 2nd purchase Thank you emails. Our New and Repeat Purchaser automations are available for all users (free plan available) and can send automatically to any subscribed customer after they make their first and second purchases. These emails are completely customizable and can even include your signature to give it a more personal touch or be expanded into a multi-email series for each thank you.

We have a ton more features and automations available in the app, and if you have any questions, please send an email to help@seguno.com, and we'll get right back to you!

Thanks!
Brian

Brian, Customer Success | Seguno: Email Marketing Inside Shopify | seguno.com