Kit App

Seal-Extrusions
Tourist
9 0 35

Had an email from Shopify saying the "Kit" app is being removed and will end on August 31st? is there an alternative to this or any reason why its being removed? Its such a handy little app' I use it all the time?

Replies 98 (98)
hacketyapps
Excursionist
36 2 4
Thank you for the extra information very helpful! The way my app
currently works, is you have to log into admin once, use the default
personalised templates provided for 1st time customers and repeat customers
or you can edit the message/template to your liking at any time and then
turn on auto-send.

Once auto-send is turned on, it automatically sends thank you emails
without having to approve them before sending.

So really you only need to log in once into the admin to set everything up
and then the rest is automated to send emails.
Lokah_Luv
Excursionist
17 0 24

@hacketyapps Yes, I see that.  It looks like you are developer,  I would love to chat with you about possibly doing what kit did and how it worked and how it helped us.  KIt integrated with many shopify apps and I could access all basic functions from that app.  I would pay for an app that did what kit did!!!  What kit did was allow  to run business reports,  make facebook ads, send texts to groups or individuals, i could chat with people who were on my site and I could do everything i needed for one day of business without having to login to shopify admin and apps at ALL!   Right now I have to login to text or send an individual email, login and search for the report, login and look for facebook app and maybe set up a new default text template for future use.  Kit was a set and ready and I could run all my to do's for my store in 30  minutes.  Now Its taking close to 2 hours because of all the extra steps we have to take to run everything.  It's a real mess and they gave us nothing to replace kit, nothing close to it all.  If you could help figure something out, that would be AMAZING! Please feel free to message me to talk more about this if you are interested in developing this kind of biz solution for shopify users. 

Lokah_Luv
Excursionist
17 0 24

UPDATE: I had an uplifting convo with support today.  

It seems that they didn't realize that we needed a single app that did multiple functions for our businesses. They thought businesses used KIT mostly for the chat function.  However there are those of use you used KIT to the fullest extent recognizing its awesomeness beyond a simple chatbox.  

Currently they are looking to see if these changes maybe possible  and with your help (meaning contact support via email or chat and tell then you need this too because this is also what KIT did) Please message support if there are other things you used KIT for. Support informed me we have to let them know for a change to occur in the system. 

1.  Shopify email app would be better if it also integrated as a dedicated SMS offer ability to send SMS campaigns and tiered SMS automations as well as text clients from a report. 

2.  Shopify email had the ability to created tiered Email and SMS automations.  Let's use the  abandoned checkout feature as an  example:  Send one email 6 hours after customer abandons cart.  Then if customer takes no action send a second one 48 hours later.  If customer takes action the next tiers of automations begin.  Thank you >  order confirmation and shipping details> after items has been receive by customer thank you and we look forward to shopping with you again. Or, if they don't take action we can have a third abandoned cart mail that offers a discount or asks what we can do to help them find what they are looking for. 

3. Shopify email adds an integrated search feature to find clients or groups of clients to text/email  personal messages to. 

4.  The ability to sync Shopify email with sales reports so we can also send personalized email or text messages to clients.  ( yes, I realize there are automations for  this but what KIT allowed me to do was choose between the automated version or write my own version, and I more often than not selected to type a new message into a pre-made template I created instead of using the automated version).  

5.  This may already exist (not sure the Shopify email app is confusing to me) -  convert emails into marketing campaigns for facebook and instagram

6.  An alternative to all the above is to find (cost effective) apps that already have these features and allow us integrate apps within the shopify email app so we can have a one stop app!!

AshlynD
Excursionist
17 0 25

That’s great news! A few of the additional things I used Kit for were:

1. Free and paid automated Facebook and Instagram posts based on:
    1. best selling items
    2. slowest moving items
    3. new items in my shop
    4. A few hand selected items
  2. running simple reports of my sales versus my advertising spend

Perhaps we could work together as a group to create a list of the helpful Kit features and each then contact support to request an app with those features.

BestSkinWithin
2 0 1

Keep Us Posted on this. I miss Kit

Lokah_Luv
Excursionist
17 0 24

@AshlynD YES!  These were great functions that I am missing so much, too! 

hacketyapps
Excursionist
36 2 4

If you're looking to send thank you emails on the 1st and 2nd purchases, SMS integration to come soon too, you can look at Engagely

smartsips
Tourist
6 0 4

Do you have any audit trail/reporting available that we can see which customers/emails had the first and second emails sent to them?

Also, is there any scheduling of when these emails are sent out or does this app just send out these emails as soon as the order is paid? We would need a scheduler so we can run a batch the next day for any order that met the first or second order criteria. We would not want this email to be sent on order payment because they already receive the order confirmation email at that time and these first and second order emails are a way of reaching back out to the customer to thank them for their business.

Regards,
Frank

hacketyapps
Excursionist
36 2 4

Hi @smartsips ,

Currently there's no audit/trail reporting to see which customer received which email but that can definitely be added. Right now this is a basic app that just sends the thank you emails as soon as the order is paid for. 

The scheduler part is a really good point though, you're right. We can add that as our next priority np. Thank you so much for the valid feedback.

NetPros
1 0 1

Yep, the abandoned cart e-mails and several other features are sorely missed. What can we do to replace kit? THis has impacted our business.