Had an email from Shopify saying the "Kit" app is being removed and will end on August 31st? is there an alternative to this or any reason why its being removed? Its such a handy little app' I use it all the time?
@hacketyapps Yes, I see that. It looks like you are developer, I would love to chat with you about possibly doing what kit did and how it worked and how it helped us. KIt integrated with many shopify apps and I could access all basic functions from that app. I would pay for an app that did what kit did!!! What kit did was allow to run business reports, make facebook ads, send texts to groups or individuals, i could chat with people who were on my site and I could do everything i needed for one day of business without having to login to shopify admin and apps at ALL! Right now I have to login to text or send an individual email, login and search for the report, login and look for facebook app and maybe set up a new default text template for future use. Kit was a set and ready and I could run all my to do's for my store in 30 minutes. Now Its taking close to 2 hours because of all the extra steps we have to take to run everything. It's a real mess and they gave us nothing to replace kit, nothing close to it all. If you could help figure something out, that would be AMAZING!
UPDATE: I had an uplifting convo with support today.
It seems that they didn't realize that we needed a single app that did multiple functions for our businesses. They thought businesses used KIT mostly for the chat function. However there are those of use you used KIT to the fullest extent recognizing its awesomeness beyond a simple chatbox.
Currently they are looking to see if these changes maybe possible and with your help (meaning contact support via email or chat and tell then you need this too because this is also what KIT did) Please message support if there are other things you used KIT for. Support informed me we have to let them know for a change to occur in the system.
1. Shopify email app would be better if it also integrated as a dedicated SMS offer ability to send SMS campaigns and tiered SMS automations as well as text clients from a report.
2. Shopify email had the ability to created tiered Email and SMS automations. Let's use the abandoned checkout feature as an example: Send one email 6 hours after customer abandons cart. Then if customer takes no action send a second one 48 hours later. If customer takes action the next tiers of automations begin. Thank you > order confirmation and shipping details> after items has been receive by customer thank you and we look forward to shopping with you again. Or, if they don't take action we can have a third abandoned cart mail that offers a discount or asks what we can do to help them find what they are looking for.
3. Shopify email adds an integrated search feature to find clients or groups of clients to text/email personal messages to.
4. The ability to sync Shopify email with sales reports so we can also send personalized email or text messages to clients. ( yes, I realize there are automations for this but what KIT allowed me to do was choose between the automated version or write my own version, and I more often than not selected to type a new message into a pre-made template I created instead of using the automated version).
5. This may already exist (not sure the Shopify email app is confusing to me) - convert emails into marketing campaigns for facebook and instagram
6. An alternative to all the above is to find (cost effective) apps that already have these features and allow us integrate apps within the shopify email app so we can have a one stop app!!
That’s great news! A few of the additional things I used Kit for were:
Perhaps we could work together as a group to create a list of the helpful Kit features and each then contact support to request an app with those features.
Do you have any audit trail/reporting available that we can see which customers/emails had the first and second emails sent to them?
Also, is there any scheduling of when these emails are sent out or does this app just send out these emails as soon as the order is paid? We would need a scheduler so we can run a batch the next day for any order that met the first or second order criteria. We would not want this email to be sent on order payment because they already receive the order confirmation email at that time and these first and second order emails are a way of reaching back out to the customer to thank them for their business.
Hi @smartsips ,
Currently there's no audit/trail reporting to see which customer received which email but that can definitely be added. Right now this is a basic app that just sends the thank you emails as soon as the order is paid for.
The scheduler part is a really good point though, you're right. We can add that as our next priority np. Thank you so much for the valid feedback.