Kit App

Seal-Extrusions
Tourist
9 0 35

Had an email from Shopify saying the "Kit" app is being removed and will end on August 31st? is there an alternative to this or any reason why its being removed? Its such a handy little app' I use it all the time?

Replies 98 (98)
rosestewar
1 0 1

Your app is excellent. I want to open my own start-up, and I am glad that I found your app now. I will add a reminder in task manager from okaapps.com  that I am using for not forgetting to download your app. I want to open my own forum, and an app that automatically sends emails to users is excellent. I thought that special software deals with this, but if downloading an app solves this problem, it is great. I have to deal with many issues before launching my forum, and I am happy that I can solve one of them now.

dstaton79
1 0 0

Did you ever find an alternate app? I cannot find one myself. Thanks 

AshlynD
Excursionist
17 0 25

No, sadly there is no new app to replace this one.

madebytidy
1 0 0

Hi Brian,

I just added Seguno to our shop, my main issue with it is that the 1st and 2nd purchase emails only goes out to subscribed customers which pretty much renders it useless as we've found that most customers are not interested in subscribing. Are you planning on adding automated responses for non subscribers, if not I'll remove the app. 

Regards,
Paul

hacketyapps
Excursionist
36 2 4

Hi @madebytidy,

You should give Engagely a try to send thank you emails. You can send emails 1 hour to 72 hours after a customer pays for or receives and order.

Reports track which customer received, opened or complained about the email. The app is free, you just need to pay for emails you send.

hacketyapps
Excursionist
36 2 4

Hi @smartsips,

I just wanted to let you know that we made some updates to Engagely

We included email auditing/reporting so that you can track/export all emails sent in the last 30 days. We track which template (new or repeat customer) the customer received, if it was delivered, opened or if the customer made a spam complaint.

You can also manage the queued emails that haven't been sent out yet like delete them before they get sent out.

You can choose when to send the thank you emails now. Either when the customer receives the order or pays for the order. The email can be scheduled  between 1h - 72h after the customer pays/receives the order.

Lokah_Luv
Excursionist
17 0 24

@dstaton79  sadly, no.  Nothing exists to replace KiT and it seems that there are a lot of changes that are happening with Shopify.  They suggested I hire a Shopify developer to create an app like kit. Such a bummer.  Nothing I have done has come close to kits abilities.  Wish I had better news for you. 

Lokah_Luv
Excursionist
17 0 24

@hacketyapps hi!  I have a question about your service, who are the auto emails sent to? Do they have be subscribers? Or can it be someone who went to the store bought something without subscribing to emails and they can still receive the thank you’s and Information emails?   Also, will you be adding an sms feature in the future and possibly a phone app to do everything from one place? I think many of us on this feed miss the ability to communicate with clients from one place.  I am looking Into the apps you have suggested and I am excited to hopefully move forward with them! 

hacketyapps
Excursionist
36 2 4

Hi @Lokah_Luv,

The emails can be sent to any customer that has never subscribed with your store before. The app only checks if it's the customer's 1st order or 2nd order with your store that's it. They don't need to subscribe either. Also the From email the customer sees is the store email you provided in the template not ours.

We will be adding SMS and abandoned cart functionality soon too yes! Also I understand you would like a headless app instead of an admin embedded app which currently time-wise we don't support but it's on our roadmap for sure.

Thanks!

BestSkinWithin
2 0 1
I endee up removing Seguno it just didn’t do what I needed even from a
marketing perspective