Is there a Shopify live chat app without a default bubble?

piwinskiaustin
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hello

Does anyone have a live chat app that doesn't default to having a bubble open? I'd rather not have a big bubble at the bottom of the screen (ecspecially on mobile) i'd rather have a section set up on a homepage or support page that lets you start a chat by clicking a button - similar to the way apple does it or most large brands. 

Replies 3 (3)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @piwinskiaustin!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Great question! While most live chat apps offer plenty of customization options, I took a look at a few to see if any of them specifically offer alternatives to a "chat bubble" feature. 

It looks like Live Chat with Help Desk might be an option worth considering. This app gives you the ability to hide the chat widget (bubble) until it gets activated. Customers can activate a live chat through a custom start chat button that you can add to your website as either a button on a specific page, or a menu item in your main menu. You can learn more about how this feature works with this particular app from their help doc on widget options

I also discovered that tawk.to Live Chat offers some similar features, like giving you the ability to create a direct chat link, which you can then add to your main menu on your online store. This will give customers the ability to select the option to start a chat directly from your main menu, similar to what you've described. The tawk.to app also allows you to change how the widget behaves on your site. For example, you can choose to hide the widget on the mobile version of your website, where the widget typically takes up the most screen space. 

Both of these apps sound like suitable options for you, so I encourage you to check them out and see which one you like the best! If you are looking for more options, I recommend exploring the Shopify App Store, where you'll find a ton of other great live chat apps. Under the Support section on each app's page, you'll generally find a link to the apps' FAQ or the developers' website. Because these are live chat apps, most developers offer the ability to chat with them directly. This is definitely something I recommend taking advantage of, since the developers themselves will be able to answer any questions you may have about the functionalities of their own apps. 

I hope this provides you with a few options worth considering! If I've misunderstood your question, feel free to share a screenshot of what you'd like your live chat to look like and we can explore some other options. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

siennarubio
15 0 0

Hi @piwinskiaustin!

This is Sienna from tawk.to reaching out.

As recommended by the other users here in the community, tawk.to is the most widely used chat application on the planet with over 4million users, and best of all, we are FREE forever!

Check out why we're free here: https://www.tawk.to/why-free

Ranked #1 with a 98% customer satisfaction score, millions of people use tawk.to to interact with billions of customers.

Ultimately, we believe that you should never have to pay to communicate with your customers, they are your customers – and if you’re using tawk.to; you never will.

You can also set up tawk.to chat widget WITHOUT THE CHAT BUBBLE.

Our Widget Appearance section allows you to change the color, size and shape of the chat widget.

For more information, you may visit this link: https://help.tawk.to/article/changing-the-appearance-of-the-chat-widget 

Should you have any questions, require assistance, or just want to talk to someone at tawk.to, here is a link to my calendar: https://calendly.com/siennarubio/30min. I'd be happy to help!

SharkbyteTeam
30 0 0

Hi there!

If you're looking for a live chat app without a chat bubble, I recommend using the Help Center app. This app offers a live chat feature that allows you to engage with your customers in real-time, providing assistance and support. The Help Center app provides a customizable interface, so you can design the chat window to seamlessly integrate with your website's design without a disruptive bubble. With HelpCenter, you can efficiently handle customer support while ensuring a smooth and integrated experience within your Shopify store.

If you find it useful, please indicate by liking or marking it as a solution! Looking for powerful Shopify apps to optimize your online store? Try Trackr for easy order tracking and fulfillment management and HelpCenter for a comprehensive knowledge base and customer support solution. These apps will help you streamline your store operations and provide excellent customer service.