Can a Shopify app handle daily rentals and non-returned items charges?

deepak35
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,
I am looking shopify app for me client where he can charge clients for things on daily rental and if customer not returns item than he charge him full for that need card information stored.

Replies 2 (2)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hey @deepak35,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some assistance with locating an app that will allow for rentals, to get this resolved. For a full list, I recommend checking out the Shopify App Store but have suggested a few below you can look into: 

It's also recommended to contact the app developers directly to gain more context on the apps customization abilities. This will ensure you're selecting an app that's best suited for your shop and has the ability to charge customers if not returned. To contact the app developers, you can head into the Shopify App Store and select Support > Get Support

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CST
Shopify Partner
53 2 15

@deepak35 

Thanks for reaching out.  Chris here from BookThatApp!

Any booking app that integrates with Shopify uses the Shopify checkout to process payment.  Shopify doesn't store credit card details so you're unable to charge a customer after the fact unless you create a draft order. 

A way to work around this limitation is to take an upfront security deposit.  BookThatApp supports capturing a security bond with each rental item that can then be fully or partially refunded based on the condition of the rental item or if the item is returned late.     This ensures that your rental  inventory is protected in case of accidental damage and against lost rental fees.  

You can see an example on our demo store: https://bookthatapp-demo.com/collections/product-rentals/products/deposit-customization

Feel free to drop us a line at support@zetya.com if you want us to help set up the app on your store or ping us on our live chat at www.support.zetya.com.  There is a free trial available so you can fully test the app prior to committing.

Cheers,

Chris

https://www.bookthatapp.com