FROM CACHE - en_header

[NEW] Product Reviews App by Shopify

Christopher_Lob
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
91 0 15

The free Product Reviews app lets customers write reviews of your products, then posts the reviews on your website for potential customers to see.

With the Product Reviews app, you can:

• Increase your sales. Positive reviews can lead to higher conversion rates and more sales.
  • Customize the design and layout of your reviews. The app automatically matches your store's look and feel.
  • Display review scores on Google searches. The app adds SEO-friendly scores to your product pages that appear in Google searches.

Reviews are a valuable form of social proof that can lead to more sales, as well as more engagement with your customers.

Get the Product Reviews app now ›

Product Manager at Shopify.
Replies 96 (96)
Lynn7
Excursionist
40 0 7

I'm considering switching to this instead of using YOTPO, but it's not clear if it will email my customers after a set amount of days to 'request' a review.  Would you run YOTPO side by side?

http://icemakerpartsshop.com
Christopher_Lob
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
91 0 15

@Lynn: Currently the Product Reviews app does not email merchants to request a review. However, it is a feature we're considering adding.

Yotpo and Product Reviews don't work well together and probably shouldn't be run side by side.

Ogden_Made
Tourist
16 0 1

If you use Mailchimp, you can have mailchimp automate a follow up review email. Super simple.

http://mailchimp.com/features/autoresponders/

We've used it with another business of ours and it works great!

OGDEN MADE - Awesome bags, Made in America. (www.ogdenmade.com)
Alley_Kids
Excursionist
246 0 12

I have rich snippets, can I also use this review app with my snippets? will they work together or should I remove the rich snippets? 

Thanks!

Susan - Alley Kids
Christopher_Lob
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
91 0 15

@Alley Kids:

We've done our best to make the Product Reviews rich snippets work with themes rich snippets so you shouldn't have to remove anything. You can test that the Product Reviews snippet is working by following this guide: http://docs.shopify.com/manual/more/official-shopify-apps/product-reviews/seo-review-scores#testing-...

Alley_Kids
Excursionist
246 0 12

Thank you so much! 

Susan - Alley Kids
Sam82
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

One of the advantages that YotPo has is that users can rate a product directly from an e-mail. 

With Product Reviews by Shopify, automating an auto-reply that would be sent out automatically after a few days would be pretty easy, however where would you redirect those users ? Would you ask your users to go back to the product page and ask them to leave a review or to "review" page ? 

Thanks for your insight,

Sam

Nate_T
2 0 0

Found this thread which allows a page to display all available reviews:

http://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/howto-display-all-product-reviews-on-one-page-when...

Wondering if there's a way to retrieve the last X reviews?

John_Grieco1
1 0 1

Autoresponders need a "trigger" to select on. The fields available in MailChimp don't reflect any purchase activity. How are you accomplishing this?

Thank You

John_G
1 0 0

Is there a way to make the "Review" stars appear conditionally on the Collection page only when there is a review to display? In other words don't display blank stars for products that don't have reviews.

>>  {% if ??Product Reviews is != blank?? %}  <<
<span class="shopify-product-reviews-badge" data-id="{{ product-list-repeatable-item.id }}"></span>
{% endif %}

What would the condition statement be for this logic?

Thank you

Amar_Chugg
1 0 0

I was having issues with the Product Reviews app so I uninstalled it.

Now that I'm trying to reinstall it, I keep getting a message saying: 'The page you're looking for can't be found.'

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Any help is much appreciated.

ss3
Shopify Partner
27 0 1

Hi,

I m using http://na.sage.com/ca/sage-50-accounting
Shopify doesn't offer an app to export data into Sage software.

Currently I download our historical Shopify order data into a .csv file and are only upload the total sales data into Sage (desktop).

Ideally, I'd like to upload ALL the detailed order information including customer contact data, order and invoice amount into Sage.

I need a widget that will re-configure the Shopify .csv data into a compatible .csv for Sage to import all the order details.

Is there any possible?..

Thanks.

koen
EcommGuy1
1 0 2

It would be incredibly valuable if these reviews were linked to the customer account.  I haven't tested the app yet, so please correct me if this doesn't already exist.

This would serve a few purposes

- people could search all reviews left by that person to confirm they are real and not "marketing" (happens all the time on big ecomm sites)

- only people with confirmed purchases could leave reviews

- people could update their reviews with new information

- would allow for easier back-end integration to email system

Also, can you set filters so admin is triggered for a review less then "x" stars?

Christopher_Lob
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
91 0 15

@John G: We're adding a "data-rating" attribute to each badge so you should be able to hide a badge with no reviews by using an attribute selector in your CSS. Something like:

.spr-badge[data-rating="0.0"] {
  display: none;
}

@Amar Chugg: If you're having issues with the app, I'd suggest contacting support as they're usually the best channel to get problems addressed. Are you still having this error occur?

@EcommGuy: Attaching reviews to customer accounts is something we've definitely considered, and although I can't really talk about when this might be implemented, it is on our roadmap. Currently, you cannot set a filter to be informed of reviews below a certain threshold although I like the suggestion. Thanks for your feedback!

Blackbeard_s_De
Tourist
10 0 1

Ey.. so I use Yotpo and have hardly any issues. But I just think Shopify Reviews might be better integrated and look better... Anyone made the transition and have some feedback for me??

Some Q's for a Guru:

1) Does the importing of reviews into Shopify Reviews work 100% or are there hiccups?

2) I know you are working on having an email to request a review, but will I be able to post that review to social?

Thanks

I think I am. Therefore I am, I think.
Christopher_Lob
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
91 0 15

@Blackbeard's Den: 

1. The importing process from Yotpo is very stable, although some reviews may not be imported if the product the review was for no longer exists. Follow this guide if you're running into problems.

2. There are no social tools built into the app at this point. Are you looking for the ability to have the reviewer post the review to their social media accounts? Or are you looking to be able to post a review yourself?

Blackbeard_s_De
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the quick reply! I would be looking to post the review onto Facebook, Twitter etc. Its a good feature that often gets a response

i.e I receive a positive review on a product, I moderate it and if I like I post it to my Facebook page and it creates some hype on social media and drives some traffic.

Any idea when the mail after purchase function will be integrated? And does Shopify Reviews verify that the review was in deed from a purchaser or verified reviewer?

Thanks!

Christopher_Lob
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
91 0 15

@Blackbeard's Den: Understood. I can see how that might be a handy tool to garner interest in your products. We don't have any social media integration plans as of right now, but that may change in the future.

The email feature is on our roadmap, but I can't give you any specifics on when it might be implemented. Also, at this time, Product Reviews does not include customer account integration, although we're considering that feature as well.

I'll be sure to keep this forum thread updated when new features are being implemented.

Blackbeard_s_De
Tourist
10 0 1

Great, thanks Christopher!