Can I Publish a Local Shopify App and Where to Store Its Data?

angelanedelcu
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello ! I'm glad to be a part of this beautiful community. For my background, I'm coming from Prestashop modules, so this is a new thing to me. As for the last days I've been trying to develop and teach myself Shopify. Unfortunately, I have some questions that I've never managed to find answers to.

1. I'm developing a local app, using node.js and react. The app is finished. Do I have to upload my app to a public server in order to publish it on the store? If yes, do you have any recommendations? 

2. Where can  I store my data? In all of the tutorials I've seen data being stored in local storage but how do you store data in a database? Do you need to connect the app to you own database? 

3. If so, how are you supposed to manage the tables? Let's say I have an app, and it's bought by 10 customers. Do I create a table for of the customer's settings? 

Reply 1 (1)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @angelanedelcu 

Hope you're having a great day!

1. I'm developing a local app, using node.js and react. The app is finished. Do I have to upload my app to a public server in order to publish it on the store? If yes, do you have any recommendations? 

Useful resources:

2. Where can  I store my data? In all of the tutorials I've seen data being stored in local storage but how do you store data in a database? Do you need to connect the app to you own database? 

How to store app configuration values?

3. If so, how are you supposed to manage the tables? Let's say I have an app, and it's bought by 10 customers. Do I create a table for of the customer's settings? 

In fact, it completely depends on what kind of information you want to store. More details here.