Solved

Can I integrate a non-Shopify app with my Shopify store?

Foodhub
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi all, 

How do I add a non-Shopify app to Shopify apps? (hope this makes sense)

We have an app that we already sort of use which is on PlayStore and AppStore but we would like to integrate the same app with our own Shopify store. Is this possible?

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

@Foodhub 

Apps will need to be built to work with the Shopify platform as apps found in the Play Store or Apple App store won't directly connect to your store out of the box. More information on how to create a Shopify app can be found here. Once the app has been designed to work with Shopify, you can add the app to your store as a "private app" - Private apps are not published to the app store but can work with your store specifically. If you'd like to have your app published to the Shopify App store then you'll need to ensure it meets all of the following requirements, then be submitted for review. 

If you're not the app developer of the app you wish to use, then you may want to reach out to the app developer directly to see if you can hire them to make a Shopify app for your store. You can also hire a Shopify Expert to create an app for you. Lastly, you could try to find a similar app within the app store to meet your needs. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

@Foodhub 

Apps will need to be built to work with the Shopify platform as apps found in the Play Store or Apple App store won't directly connect to your store out of the box. More information on how to create a Shopify app can be found here. Once the app has been designed to work with Shopify, you can add the app to your store as a "private app" - Private apps are not published to the app store but can work with your store specifically. If you'd like to have your app published to the Shopify App store then you'll need to ensure it meets all of the following requirements, then be submitted for review. 

If you're not the app developer of the app you wish to use, then you may want to reach out to the app developer directly to see if you can hire them to make a Shopify app for your store. You can also hire a Shopify Expert to create an app for you. Lastly, you could try to find a similar app within the app store to meet your needs. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Foodhub
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you @Trevor 

That makes sense. We will look into this and hopefully, we can make something happen. 

Also, not sure if you could help but we are looking at adding an automated payment service where customers can pay using the keypads on their phones. I believe this is something called "customer contact payments". We can't seem to find anything that we can integrate with Shopify? Is there an application you could recommend that would help us? 

Many thanks