How can I successfully install the Order Printer app?

Art_Knapp_Kam
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm looking to install the Order Printer app but every time I try to install it, it gives me an error page saying

There’s no page at this address

Check the URL and try again, or use the search bar to find what you need.

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies 6 (6)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello @Art_Knapp_Kam!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you're having some issues installing the Order Printer app?

I wanted to double check with you - is this the link where you try to install from? If it is, your issue may be related to the cache and cookies on your browser. Could you try to clear your cookies on the Google Chrome browser by following these steps here, then try to install it again?

If it's still not working, let me know what the error looks like (if it is the same as before) and if you could send a screenshot of it, that would also be helpful!

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Art_Knapp_Kam
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Lana,

Thank you for your suggestion... sadly no luck when clearing the cookies and cache.  The link provided is the same page I was trying to install from before. Here is the screenshot of the error I get.

Art_Knapp_Kam_0-1621100130049.png

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Thank you for that screenshot! I was testing the app on my end but I am not having any issues installing it here.

I wonder if the issue could be with the version of your Chrome browser? It is possible you might need to check for an update, and you can do that by following these steps here, it will indicate for you whether or not can do that.

If your Chrome browser is fully up to date but it is still causing this issue, could you please try to do this on another browser/device? If that fails for you, try to reset your internet or even connect to an alternative internet connection such as a mobile hotspot and see if you can go from there!

Art_Knapp_Kam
Visitor
3 0 0

Very odd! My Chrome is up to date and I had no luck trying this on other computers (albeit on the same network, so can't discount that the network might be blocking it somehow). I get the same page error when I try Microsoft Edge. I also tried using my phone and going on the cellular network and turning WiFi off, same error. It might be helpful to know that I was able to install the app without issue last year before deleting it as it didn't serve my needs then.

The reason I am wanting to use the app is that the Edit Packing Slip Template functionality does not seem to work for printing out the Cart Attributes such as a Card Message, Delivery Date, etc. which I have implemented code for (and have no issues seeing these custom fields filled in by customers in respective orders). It worked well to print the Order Note when I used the code for the standard Order Notes that are enabled through the Cart Page but I abandoned that as many customers did not click the text to get the text field to appear. In my searches it appeared that the Edit Packing Slip Template is restrictive in what it can print out even if I implement the correct code... leading me to try my luck with Order Printer (but even then, I forget if the template code was customizable in Order Printer - may have been why I abandoned it last year!).

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

It is interesting that you mention that you had the app before! It sounds like the error could be related to that. Would you be able to contact our support here so that we can take a closer look at this? The reason I am directing you to that link is becase we are not currently able to look into your account details through the Shopify Community. We will investigate it for you from there!

goatboysoaps
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I'm seeing the same error anytime i try to reinstall an app I previously had. Was a solution found to this?