Re-connecting Instagram Shopping

mikeatstnkyllc
Visitor
1 0 1

After a failed attempt to set up Instagram Shopping and endless talks with Facebook's Support, I was advised to delete all connections and start from scratch. 

I deleted the catalogs and shops on Facebook, deleted the Facebook Sales Channel on Shopify, and as a result the commerce account disappeared as well. 

I recreated the Facebook Sales Channel, connected it to our Business Manager, set up Facebook Shop - all good. 

But now...I'm trying to connect Instagram Shopping and it seems the app has remembered the Instagram account. Rather than starting set-up from zero, it only gives me the option to continue setup. And when I do, it's telling me the account wasn't approved for Facebook Shopping. 

When I try to set up Instagram Shopping through Facebook's Commerce Manager, I get the following:

"This Instagram business account is already linked to a Commerce account on Shopify. As of August 31, you'll be able to finish setting up checkout on Instagram from your Shopify account."

Is there anyone that has run into this issue or could lend a helping hand? Dealing with Facebook and Instagram is just a nightmare...

Replies 14 (14)