recurring application charges affected when a shop becomes dormant, frozen, or closed

Tobee_Dev
Visitor
1 0 0

1610955143378_1555E3EA-C35E-406A-AE32-00989E16F614.png

Does this dormant mean to pause or pause and build

Reply 1 (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Tobee_Dev.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

The Full Pause/Pause and Build plans are both considered dormant; however, the dormant plan indicated on the screenshot is the Pause and Build plan. The Pause and Build plan allows you to continue working on your shop at a reduced cost, which also provides the ability to integrate and test apps. As a result, this plan will application charges active. It's important to consider uninstalling any third-party apps that have a monthly fee, so that you aren't billed for those apps after you pause your store.

Though the Full Pause plan is also a dormant plan, you can look at it more like a closed or frozen shop - You won't be charged for the subscription or applications. However, you also won't be able to access your shop during this time. It's important to note that you can pause your store completely for 3 months without being charged, after that you'll be automatically upgraded to the Pause and Build plan ($9 USD/month). If you're still not ready to launch your store by then or you don't want to be upgraded to a paid plan, then you may need to consider closing your store

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog