Why is my Shopify inbox not loading on my MacBook Air?

Beauice88
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having trouble with my Shopify inbox loading, it continues to say the site is currently can't be reached and unexpectedly closed the connection. It is not a problem with my connection, can anyone help with troubleshooting this problem? I am using a macbook air.

Replies 24 (24)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @Beauice88. Welcome to the Community!

I came across your question, and wanted to check in to see if you’re still receiving an error message when using Shopify Inbox today? Our developers are aware that some merchants have been receiving an error message saying “An error occurred. Try again” when using Shopify Inbox on the Mobile app , so I’m thinking this may be related to what’s happening with you. 

The good news is, our developers are working on a fix for it. In the meantime, they've advised that since the error messages tend to mostly be occurring when using the Mobile app, you should be able to use Shopify Inbox on a Desktop instead. However, if you do experience an error there as well, please try uninstalling it, then reinstalling Shopify Inbox to your admin, which should resolve any display errors on Desktop.

Let me know if this helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

WallaceW
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi, 

I got the same problem when I tried to setup a new store. I did remove it and reinstall. But it still said "An error occurred. Try again."

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Thanks for reaching out about this, @WallaceW. Sorry to hear an uninstall and reinstall of Shopify Inbox didn’t eliminate the error on your account. Rest assured, our developers are still looking into it, so we appreciate your patience as they work towards a resolution.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

DrippinKute
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi I'm trying to message my customers back on shopify inbox and its not letteing me it giving me a message that says message was not delivered.  Click here to try again .I tried clicking the link to retry same message appears i tried reinstalling same message please help!

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @DrippinKute. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with replying to messages.

I took a look into this for you, and found out that the web-to-sms message service is currently doing scheduled maintenance on the sms carriers across some regions, until 15:00 PDT today. This can result in intermittent delays/issue sending messages, so it could be why you are receiving the ‘Message was not delivered. Click here to try again’ error. You’ll need to wait for the maintenance to be  completed in order to send your messages. 

However, in the meantime, another reason why that error message can appear is due to a disconnect with the internet on the device you are trying to send the message from. Points of failure may be:

1. The internet is down for your device
  2. A local firewall is blocking the messages

In either of the internet affected situations, connecting to another WiFi network or to your mobile network may help you to send your message. Please try this to see if it works.

Please keep me posted on the status of this, and especially if you continue to have issues so that we can troubleshoot further.

TertiusG
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

We are having issues, especially after a weekend to access the Shopify Inbox.
This resolves itself later and we can access the inbox without any issues for the rest of the week.

It gives us an Error 400 even though the Shopify.com site works with no issues.

We have tried using Hotspots and Internet connections with No Firewall. We can Ping the site successfully.
Cleared the DNS and Cache with no success.

Thank You

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @TertiusG! Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you’re also having trouble with this, but thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps. Are you experiencing the error when accessing Shopify Inbox on both desktop, and through the Mobile app? Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling it yet, as suggested in my reply earlier within this thread on 08-03-2021?

jdiorcollection
Tourist
3 0 1

i am having issues with shopify inbox saying that it is not delivering my messages to facebook messenger

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @jdiorcollection. Sorry to hear that. Let’s look into it!

Please start by ensuring your Facebook page is connected to your Shopify account. If for any reason it has disconnected, Messenger will have been disconnected as well and this will affect messages being sent from Inbox.

If your Facebook page is properly connected, please provide a screenshot of the the error message you are receiving, and let me know more about what you are experiencing: Have you been able to send messages to Facebook Messenger via Inbox up until now? Are you using any third party app that allow you to connect Facebook Messenger to your storefront?

Thanks!

jdiorcollection
Tourist
3 0 1
I have to physically go to my messenger to respond the automatic messages
keep failing
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Gotcha. Thanks for the additional information, @jdiorcollection. When you get a chance, please let me know the answers to questions I asked about above. This way we’ll have a better idea of how to continue troubleshooting. To summarize, we need to know:

• Is your Facebook page still connected to your Shopify account?
  • Is this the first time you’re experiencing this issue with Inbox? (Ie. Have you previously been able to send messages to Facebook Messenger via Inbox?)
  •  Are you using a third party app that allows you to connect Facebook Messenger to your storefront?

Thanks!

jdiorcollection
Tourist
3 0 1
Yes it's connected
I just set it up so I got this message from the beginning
No 3rd party
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Ok, great. Thanks for getting back to me, @jdiorcollection

The next thing to check is that Messenger has been properly added to your Facebook channel. Please note, it’s important that your Facebook page has a ‘Message us’ button before adding the Messenger integration. The steps to complete the set up are found in the Help Doc Adding Messenger to the Facebook channel

Hopefully that helps. However, if you continue to have trouble after confirming the above setup was complete, then it would be best to take a direct look at this for you. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, a Support Advisor will be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Let me know how it goes!

1motoshop
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

In my case, every time I try to reply to a customer's chat message, I see a red bar showing up for about 4 seconds "No internet connection".

Then "Message failed to send" with an option to Resend.  When I resend, the same story, red bar on top.

I can access Shopify just fine, I can navigate https://shopifyinbox.com/ just fine otherwise.

Any ideas?

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @1motoshop. That sounds frustrating. Let’s do some troubleshooting!

Have you tried using another internet connection to see if it helps? For example, connect to your mobile data, or a different WiFi connection than you normally use and see if you continue to receive the same error message with trying to send your messages.

Also, does the error also occur when using another device? Does it happen on both a browser and through the mobile app? Let me know, and we'll go from there. 

1motoshop
Visitor
3 0 0

The next day it worked.   Unsure what it was. 

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

That’s good to hear, @1motoshop. Thanks for following up, and please let me know if you come across any other issues with it.

Hauntedfembot
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, I am having the same issue and unfortunately this isn't helpful because I offer 24 hr chat and am not at my desktop all day. There is no way for me to address all incoming chats in a timely manner unless the phone app is functional. 

Pawel123
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Did you manage to fix this?

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @Pawel123. Welcome to the Community! 

Yes, this has been resolved, so I’m sorry to hear you’re still experiencing an issue with it. Sometimes when changes to the platform are pushed through, the existing issue can remain within your browser if there has been a lot of activity. Therefore please start troubleshooting this by clearing your browser cache to see if it helps. Let me know if it works!

Hauntedfembot
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, this issue has not been resolved. I am having the same problem more than 6 months after the initial post 😕 

CarloPP
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue just now. It says HTTP Error 400.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hi, @CarloPP . Thanks for reaching out about this. Are you receiving the ‘HTTP Error 400’ when using Shopify Inbox on a desktop computer, as well as through the Mobile app? Does it appear immediately when opening the Shopify Inbox sales channel, or does it happen only in certain sections?

If the issue is occurring on a desktop, then please try the following troubleshooting steps:

Let me know if this helps!

anas_ansari
Visitor
3 0 0

How you over come this issue in Shopify Austin? Do let me know please 

Ansari