Shopify pos app is asking me for a pin

Castillomellis
1 0 3

I have the Shopify lite subscription and the pos app is asking me for a pin. When I go to my settings to try and find the pin it’s asking me to upgrade to the higher subscription of $89 a month. I should have access to use pos app with the subscription I already have 

Lkgkrueger
Tourist
5 0 4

Me too...support was not helpful. Hoping something will happen here.

HelenaSarah
Tourist
3 0 11

I am trying to set mine up too and the same thing has happened to me as well. 

HelenaSarah
Tourist
3 0 11

@Castillomellis In case you are still having the same problem. I  have spoken to the lovely Joanna with the support team. This is what I had to do: 

Go to your settings on your phone - so I have an iphone so on your iphone go Settings > Shopify POS > Reset account settings

And on Shopify go to settings > users and permission > click your name > click generate pin. 

I had created my own pin but i don't think that works. So generate a pin in the Admin as described above. 

Then log back in to the shopify POS app and the pin you have generated should now let you in as long as you reset the account setting under your iphone settings first. 

Hope this makes sense and helps you - it worked for me anyway. Just wish this was described somewhere on their support pages. Would have made my life a lot easier  

BetsyMarie
2 0 1

this worked!!!! thank you, I was completely out of my mind trying to figure it out.

Natalie77
1 0 1

Hooray! This worked (after an hour of googling). Thanks so much. 

Perrystead
2 0 0

That totally worked. Didn't have to reset anything in the app. Just went to settings in the control panel and followed your tip. THANK YOU!

0 Likes
tms258
Tourist
6 0 3

It worked!!! Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Kimjbow
Tourist
4 0 0

You are amazing!! Thanks so much!! You saved me a ton of frustration!! 

0 Likes
Mammie
1 0 0

I’m getting the same message

0 Likes