Tiktok for Business App - Not available in Canada?

mmmaggieli
Excursionist
36 0 13

Hi Shopify Community,

I recently learned that there is a Tiktok for business application which integrates with shopify so you can do all your ads via Shopify and also set up your Tiktok pixel via Shopify.

However, I don't see it being offered in my Shopify apps. I am located in Canada, if that matters.

Please help!

Thanks!

Replies 3 (3)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @mmmaggieli,

The TikTok app was launched in 2020 but is currently only available to US-based merchants at this time. My understanding is that TikTok plans to make the app available to merchants in other countries in the near future, although Shopify does not have information on when the app will be made more widely available. I would recommend checking back in now and again and hopefully those in Canada will be able to use the app before too long.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

jinpetchin
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Victor

With regard to Tiktok pixel.

I have pasted the codes between <head> </head> on the theme but the pixel is not firing, not sure what when wrong!

Could you be able to find any guidelines? that would help a lot, thank you.

Below is a screenshot.

Tiktok pixel 2.pngTiktok pixel 3.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @jinpetchin,

The TikTok pixel should integrate with Shopify, as per TikTok's documentation here. I am not sure if you have had a chance to read this article yet, but if not, I'd recommend reading through it and making sure you have followed the steps outlined here. I believe the pixel should work if placed within the <head> tags but am not able to confirm this directly. If you have your password page enabled, this may interrupt the pixel and stop it from firing, so I would make sure you have it disabled before testing to see if it works.

If you're still having issues, I would recommend contacting TikTok directly as they offer support for the channel and should be able to help. You can email them at merchant-support@bytedance.com or choose the "Get Support" option within the app.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog