What app can help customize ring orders in two stages?

shop20
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

I run an online jewelry store. i sell natural gemstones and make rings based on customer requirements along with the natural gemstones.

Im looking for an app that makes it possible to build a ring in 2 stages.

example: https://frankdarling.com/engagement-rings/

I have added a bunch of ring settings to a single collection and added all the gemstones as a separate collection.

I want the flow to be seamless as follows:

1) Customer selects preferred setting (and customizes it on the same page)

2) Customer selects gemstone 

3) Checkout 

It currently works as follows:

1) Customer adds preferred ring setting to cart

2) Customer browses gemstones via navigation and adds gemstone to cart

3) checkout

I hope im clear, im not sure how else to explain it.

Replies 3 (3)

Moeed
Shopify Partner
3793 958 1189

Hey @shop20 

To create a seamless flow for customers to build a customized ring with a preferred setting and gemstone selection, you may need to explore customizations or use a specialized app on the Shopify platform. Here are some options you can consider:

1. Product Customizer Apps: There are several apps available on the Shopify App Store that enable product customization, including building rings with different options. These apps allow you to set up custom fields, options, and choices for customers to select from. Some popular options include Product Customizer by W3, Infinite Product Options, and Bold Product Options.

2. Custom Development: If you require more advanced or specific functionality, you can consider working with a Shopify developer to create a custom solution tailored to your specific requirements. A developer can help you build a custom product builder or configurator that guides customers through the process of selecting a setting, customizing it, and then selecting a gemstone.

When using either an app or custom development, here's a general approach you can follow to achieve the desired flow:

1. Install and set up the product customization app or custom development solution.

2. Configure the app or development to enable customization options for the ring settings. This can include selecting metal type, ring size, engraving options, and any other customizable attributes.

3. Configure the app or development to allow gemstone selection. This can be done by linking the gemstone collection to the ring settings and creating a user-friendly interface for customers to choose their desired gemstone.

4. Customize the appearance and layout of the product pages to ensure a seamless and visually appealing experience for customers.

5. Test the flow thoroughly to ensure that customers can smoothly select the setting, customize it, choose a gemstone, and proceed to checkout without any issues.

It's important to carefully evaluate the features and capabilities of the selected app or discuss your requirements with a Shopify developer to determine the best approach for your specific needs. If you need help in setting up the app then feel free to reach out to me and I would be more than happy to assist you!

If I managed to help you then, don't forget to Like it and Mark it as Solution!

Best Regards,
Moeed

Need a Shopify developer? Chat on WhatsApp

- For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
- Your Coffee Tip and my code, A perfect blend. ❤️

opheliejeanne
Tourist
14 0 1

Hello Shop20,
It is possible to do that with Kickflip! Kickflip is an app that enables your customers to personalize their rings on a single page, complete with a realistic live preview. You can find jewelry-specific examples at this link: https://gokickflip.com/product-examples/custom-jewelry

I recommend you to book a free demo with a Kickflip team member to get more information and discuss your project!
I hope this helps!

Ophélie Jeanne | Kickflip
- Was my reply helpful?
If so, like it or mark it as an accepted solution to let me know
- Try Kickflip free to customize products

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 44

Hi @shop20,

Have you managed to find a solution for your store? If not, I'd like to propose a solution using the Easify Product Options app. While you can still keep ring settings and gemstones as separate products, this app allows you to create gemstones as custom options directly within the ring setting product pages. This way, customers can easily select their desired gemstone right on the product page without the need to navigate to a separate gemstone section 🤗.

Here's a brief demonstration of how to set this up with the app:

• Create your ring setting product(s) and gemstone products.

• Install the app and set up an option set:

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1694415478340.png

• Add an option group for selecting gemstones, including the 1st option to select the gemstone shape (using Image Swatches option type for example), and the 2nd option to select specific gemstone with the selected shape (using Product list option type for example). Assign the relevant gemstone product to each option value in the product list.

EasifyAppsZoe_2-1694417632636.png

EasifyAppsZoe_3-1694417668404.png

EasifyAppsZoe_1-1694417581163.png

• Assign the gemstone options to your ring setting products, and your setup is complete:

EasifyAppsZoe_4-1694417930300.png

Feel free to give the app a try, and if you encounter any challenges during the setup process,

just let me know.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support