What to use for repair / customizing forms / app

Matt48
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi, we are a company based in New Zealand and offer a full repair / customizing service for the outdoor industry. We fix everything from Gore Tex clothing to down sleeping bags and tents. We are also warranty repair agents for most outdoor brands in New Zealand. The other side to the business is manufatcuring and selling hunting and tactical gear we make and also other brands we distribute. We are having an overhaul on our website and gone with Shopify but we want to streamline our processes for the repairs side.

We need a POS or app that we can use for people coming in wanting repairs. We have to enter the customers details, shop store references, item that needs repairing, what needs to be done, and when the customer/Store needs the items to be back to them. We need everything to be traceable if stores ring up asking where the item is, or if it needs to be quoted first, or waiting on parts.... fairly compresentive basically. The paper trail also goes out to the factory with the item for the machinist to understand, repair and write times as to how long it took some can charge correctly and invoice the store or end user. Ideally we would love to have a report system to print out/view so we can see what's come in and when etc. 

We use Xero for our accounting package and would love everything to be integrated with this and shopify as often people getting repairs done will also buy product off us. Looking for the one system to rule them all! Which seems to be very hard to come by.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Matt

Replies 31 (31)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hey, Matt! 

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I have some great news for you - there are quite a few different options you have when it comes to collecting more information from your customers when they put through orders. I would be happy to share some suggestions with you so that you have some resources to help you achieve the type of functionality you're looking for with your storefront. 

Your first option would be to manually adjust your theme coding to add in a function that would allow you to collect information from your customers with cart attributes. To do this you're going to want to be in your Shopify admin, then Online Store > Themes. You will then want to select the theme you want to edit, and then you'll click on Actions > and Edit code. This guide goes step by step into detail about how you can add the cart attributes function to your storefront. 

Another option you have would be to use an app. There are many apps in the Shopify App Store to choose from that would basically allow you to collect more customer information on the product page of your storefront. I've gone ahead and grabbed 4 different app options that I would recommend checking out to see if they would work best for your business. Be sure to check out:

Now, you had mentioned a way to collect customer information on the Shopify POS - so I thought I would recommend a method that would work strictly when putting through orders with your point of sale. This method would allow you to add notes to the cart page when using the POS so that the notes are added to the order page in your Shopify Admin. 

To add an order note to the cart page when using the POS, you would want to select '...' icon from the top right corner of the cart page. Next, you can click on 'Add Note,' type your note in there and click on 'done.' This guide not only goes step by step through this process, but it also gives some great visuals as well as it shows you how to remove order notes too!

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and we would be happy to help!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

garrettnixon
Visitor
1 0 3

Hello Matt48,

We're an outdoor products brand in the US also looking for a way to handle repairs through Shopify, did you ever find a good solution?

Thanks! 

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4167 244 733
Hi Matt,

You can try this custom form builder app where you can add all this fields and collect data from it - https://apps.shopify.com/form-builder

You can try conditional logic, export all data in CSV and take payment through the same form also.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
VoltaireCO
Excursionist
12 0 3

We currently use Form Builder but, would love to find something that out of the box behaves more like a service/repair type of app.  You can't add the info necessary to the Customer object so being able to ensure that you have a 'service order' in queue and then more easily track all the parts/customization and not lose all that data and also track that its 'in process'.  So for example, tracking when we have a "bike" in our shop on a certain date, we don't want to lose track of that and have the ability to add statuses, notes, etc. so it doesn't get 'lost'. 

CottageQuilting
Shopify Partner
10 0 7

Did you ever find a solution for this?

We own a sewing machine store and we do sewing machine repairs.

We need a repair module that will allow us to:

1) log customers new and old

2) log the sewing machine model number, serial number

3) log the issue

4) have a click box for accessories/items brought in with the machine (ie. bobbin, thread, carrying case, etc so we can log everything with the machine - we can provide an exact list)

5) "what" repair they need - we have a set standard of rates that we use and we'd like to be able to have a click box for these items

6) we need to be able to input technician notes, log time and name etc.  If we can upload images on the back end great etc.

7) we would like to email the customer their ticket and also print out a ticket

😎 we'd like to be able to notify via email and or text when the machine is ready for pick up

9) it would be nice but not mandatory that a customer could check on their repair ticket remotely if they wanted.

Does an app like this exist?  We've looked at "After sales repair" but I can't get it to work and I've emailed them and there is no response.

Thank you - 

cottagequilting@shaw.ca
manager@cottagequiltingonline.com

_SMETS
Shopify Partner
20 0 21

Hi @CottageQuilting 

I own 2 jewellry stores and I'm also looking for something like this. A app/service that works with Shopify POS. Did you ever found a sollution? 

Thanks,

Jonas

GlenWyrovsky
Visitor
2 0 1

Has anyone found a good program for repairs? I also work in jewelry and there does not seem to be a decent repair module within shopify or their apps.

CottageQuilting
Shopify Partner
10 0 7

I haven't yet 😞

CottageQuilting
Shopify Partner
10 0 7

We are going to use jot form for now to track it then the service tech will enter in as an order.... I'm not sure if it's going to work but that's what we are going to try.

I really wish someone would make a good app

Kwaku_Zigah
Shopify Partner
144 0 15

Hi,

I'm Kwaku from Now In Store Inc. We develop productivity tools for Shopify. We are doing some research to develop an app like this one. I would love to talk about your needs via chat, email or skype if you are interested.

Best,

Kwaku

Our Shopify Apps:
Kodbar: Generate & Print Barcodes
Flook: Transform your PDFs into beautiful digital Flipbooks
Wholesale/Retail Catalog Maker: Create beautiful digital & printable catalogs for your business
VoltaireCO
Excursionist
12 0 3
Happy to email or chat on this
Kwaku_Zigah
Shopify Partner
144 0 15

Hi,

Thank you, I really appreciate it. Would you mind choosing a time slot here?

https://calendly.com/nowinstore/repair-management-app?month=2021-03

We can then connect via chat or we can set up a call if you prefer.

Kwaku

Our Shopify Apps:
Wholesale/Retail Catalog Maker: Create beautiful digital & printable catalogs for your business
_SMETS
Shopify Partner
20 0 21

I’m also happy to help!! 

Kwaku_Zigah
Shopify Partner
144 0 15

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Would you mind choosing a time slot here?

https://calendly.com/nowinstore/repair-management-app?month=2021-03

We can then connect via chat or we can set up a call if you prefer.

Kwaku

Our Shopify Apps:
Kwaku_Zigah
Shopify Partner
144 0 15

Hi,

For anyone interested in sharing their experience managing repairs for their store, we created a survey at the following location:

https://forms.gle/88VPAN5zS2BMasCh9

It's really important for us to get your feedback so that we can create an app that fits your needs, so please take some time to fill up this survey.

Best,

Kwaku

Our Shopify Apps:
JessicaMarie
Visitor
1 0 1

Has any app been created for this? We repair and customize airsoft guns and have been looking for an app just like this. Please let me know ASAP.

Kwaku_Zigah
Shopify Partner
144 0 15

Hi,

We are still talking to customers to get an idea of their process when they need to repair an item. We are aiming for the release of the first version of the product for Q3. If you are interested, we would love to talk to you on Skype, Zoom, or via chat. Please let me know.

Best,

Kwaku

Our Shopify Apps:
sologuitars
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I am interested in this custom form.. I would like the ability to connect to Shopify POS for easy checkout

Also, create customers and add products as well.

If you like contact me back and lets schedule a chat to see how we can do this.

Regards

Ara

GlenWyrovsky
Visitor
2 0 1

Happy to email. glen@walterbauman.com

Junkguydave
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi we are an ebike and ebike manufacturer distributor and retailer and do nation wide warranty and out of warranty repair and service/tune ups for our brand along with upgrades.

we need an app to track the service history of each customers products and its progress in the shop along with quotes would be nice too and if the app could help with communication with customer that would amazing.

thanks Dave

service@janobikemotors.com 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1318

@Junkguydave part of the problem here merchants are trying to build around shopify instead of bringing shopify to their industry.

Is there already a CRM, or service management software used in your industry that has an api to be developed against to communicate with shopify for the ecommerce part of the process?

As for quotes if that's solely a frontend process there are RFP,RFQ apps on the app store to get going quickly.

But if you want ongoing email control that typically means an external service like typeform,wufoo, etc for the form then sometimes then furhter wired to an email/marketing service

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

digitek2solutio
Tourist
3 0 3

We are a phone repair shop, we need a app that can do:
-Collect costumer information
-Connect with our store products, costumers list and orders
-Be able to Upload pictures before and after the service
-Give status of the service to the costumer via email and ticket number
-Terms and Conditions signature

My email es digitek2solutions@gmail.com

Thanks you

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1318

@digitek2solutio If you are primarily using shopify as a payment system you may want to consider embedding shopify into a wordpress/drupal site using buy buttons.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-sales-channels/buy-button 

-Connect with our store products, costumers list and orders

Without better definition of what you mean by "connect" it's impossible to give clear guidance.

In general this can be done through CSV imports

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/import-export/import-products 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/customers/import-export-customers 

To import old orders use a tool like ez-exporter, or matrixify

-Be able to Upload pictures before and after the service

Customers can add images to orders when a theme is modified to do so for when products are added to the cart.

<input required " type="file" name="properties[Upload Image]">

However after that it gets a lot trickier depending on who is uploading images and where they must be displayed.

If piecemealing a solution that is probably the piece to focus on finding a solution for since we cannot attach images to customers in shopify.

If it's just employees doing the "uploading", a workaround is to create a literal product and add the images to that product. Then you just need to make it so only that customer for that order can see that product most likely using a tool like locksmith.

-Collect costumer information

For collecting that in the /cart shopify has a theme customization for that https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/cart-use-cart-attributes-to-collect-more-information/... 

-Give status of the service to the costumer via email and ticket number

This is generally handled through a use or order-status apps and notification templates.

-Terms and Conditions signature

For collecting that in the /cart shopify has a theme customization for that https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/cart-add-an-agree-to-terms-and-conditions-checkbox/td... , otherwise plenty of "agree to terms" apps on the app store.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

VoltaireCO
Excursionist
12 0 3

You mentioned having an early version of this ready in Q3 2021 - did you build something?

Kwaku_Zigah
Shopify Partner
144 0 15

Hi,

We had some delays because we were still collecting feedback. We are now ready to start developing the App and we would love to have your feedback as we move forward. We are aiming for the beginning of summer 2022 for a first release. If you are interested in receiving news about our progress and testing early versions of our App you can register for our newsletter at the following address:

https://zc.vg/UvzzA

You can still talk to us if you haven't done so already by booking a meeting at the following URL:

https://calendly.com/nowinstore/repair-management-app

Thank you.

Kwaku

Our Shopify Apps:
Junkguydave
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi we need the same thing for ebike repair and service 

did you ever find a good solution?

Repairing the items we sell cant be that uncommon 

thanks

ElectroRepair
Visitor
1 0 0

This topic was made back in 2018 and there still doesn't seem to be an off the shelf solution. It seems like there is nothing but workarounds and piecing this and that together to get something that may or may not work. I don't have time time for that and just want to be able to install it and go! It's pretty obvious that Shopify is not my solution and I have no other choice but to look elsewhere.

NoamArieli
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

We are a jewelry store that's doing a lot of brick-and-mortar repairs through Shopify POS, still looking for a better solution than what we have right now. There are no options through Shopify to document the items we take in or write instructions for repairs. Has anybody found a good app for that? I also saw someone said here there is something in development, any news about that?

_SMETS
Shopify Partner
20 0 21

I'm working on a custom POS app that's specifically built for jewelry and watch repairs. But its far from finished. When its ready for a wider introduction and thoroughly tested, I will bring it to the Shopify App store. But I have no idea on when this will happen. 

kwaks2
Shopify Partner
2 0 0
Hi everyone,

I’m Kwakuvi from Now In Store. For the past 18 months we have been working on a repair management solution powered by AI.
We are now a few weeks away from opening the private beta.
If you are interested, you can register on the waiting list at the following address: https://forms.gle/7HYcBB1HrDfRiGtG8

Cheers,
Kwakuvi

kwaks2
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello everyone,

We're excited to share that Feeksy, has received its first wave of sign-ups for the beta! Here’s what’s on the horizon:

1. Test Environment with Your Data: We're setting up a test environment on a mock store to ensure Feeksy's functionality is top-notch before you dive in.

2. Beta Phase Initiation: Once testing is complete, we will roll out Feeksy on your actual Shopify store to begin the beta phase.

3. Exclusive Beta Pricing: Participants will enjoy a special rate of $69/month during and for a year following the beta.

4. Current Features: The app currently includes an AI-powered ticket entry module. Our focus is to refine this for ease of creating new tickets.

5. Future Rollouts: We plan to introduce customer notifications, a customer portal, management tools, appointment scheduling, online forms, and support for multiple locations.

6. User Interface and Compatibility: We’re actively refining the interface and navigation based on feedback. Feeksy is optimized for tablets and will soon be fully compatible with mobile devices.

7. Ongoing Beta: We're dedicated to perfecting the ticket entry process before expanding further so we don't have any fixed deadline for now.

The registration address is here : https://forms.gle/7HYcBB1HrDfRiGtG8

Thanks for your support !