Why can't I install apps on my new basic plan store?

Rung_hMN
Visitor
1 0 1

I just opened up my shopify account using the basic plan. I'm trying to install or add the apps to my store product and it is not working. On both desktop and on my mobile device, it is not installing. It takes me to this page. I tried to add the aliexpress app and it should've gave me the permission to add the app into my store my store but instead leads me to that same page. I thought that I had too many apps installed but no that was not the case either. It doesn't matter what app it is, anytime I try installing one it leads me to that same exact page. What am I doing wrong here? shop.PNG

Replies 5 (5)

Emily
Shopify Staff
1309 101 189

Hey, @Rung_hMN.

Thank you for reaching out! 

I am sorry you are having difficulties adding apps to your store. Have you tried any local troubleshooting, such as clearing your cache/cookies or browser data? Sometimes this will allow for a new connection and your apps will be able to download onto your store. Let me know if that works for you!

Please let me know if you have any further questions! I would love to learn more about your business. What type of products do you sell? 

Talk soon, 

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Enzo2006
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having the same issue and have tried to clear cache and my cookies as well. I have tried different browsers and still no solution. I am redirected straight to this page after pressing to connect an app.

Ufwquinton
Visitor
1 0 0

Im having the same problem can i get help.

dsh1233
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Yes I'm facing the same issue. I used to get code with following command prevously, but now instead of redirecting to call back page with code it just redirecting to above page and i'm clueless whats gonging (tried incognito mode, different fresh bowers nothing working)

https://xxxx.myshopify.com/admin/oauth/authorize?client_id=xxx&scope=write_products&redirect_uri=htt...

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 535

Hello @Rung_hMN,

Greetings from flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $5Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot! I am Gina, and I am here to help.

If you are having trouble installing apps in your Shopify store, there could be a few possible reasons for this issue:

1. Billing Information
You need to have a valid payment method set up in your Shopify account before you can install any apps. Make sure that your billing information is up to date and that there are no issues with your payment method.

2. App Restrictions
Some apps may have restrictions based on your store's location or the type of products you are selling. Make sure that the app you are trying to install is compatible with your store and that there are no restrictions that would prevent you from installing it.

3. Theme Compatibility
Some apps may not be compatible with certain themes or may require specific settings to be enabled in your theme. Check with the app developer or the theme documentation to ensure that the app is compatible with your theme.

If none of these solutions solve your problem, you can contact Shopify's support team for assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide further guidance on how to install apps in your store.

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing