Why is my Buy Button not working on my e-commerce site?

peterhier
5 0 0

Hi Everyone,

my problem is the Buy Button. I have used it before but the business changed direction but now I am back doing the same thing and I need the Buy Button. When I download it it simply does nothing when clicked. 

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks 

Peter

Replies 8 (8)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2332 454 397

Hey @peterhier.

Thanks for reaching out. 

That is a great question! Just to gather some additional context, could you let us know if you are receiving any specific error messages when using the Buy Button?

If you have made changes to your online store, it may be best to create a new Buy Button. You can create a Buy Button by navigating to your Shopify admin and selecting on the search bar and searching for the sales channel you would like to use. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

28-51-17721-44365

You may need to recreate the Buy Button to showcase your products or collections when customers select the option. 

Looking forward to your response, let me know what you think.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

peterhier
5 0 0

Thanks very much for your response Ollie.

I have done what you have suggested  but I get the same result - the button is totally unresponsive!

I have attached a screenshot.

peterhier_0-1682848694826.jpeg

Peter

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2332 454 397

Hey @Peterhier.

Thanks for the quick response and providing that screenshot.

Since the Buy Button is not loading for you successfully, would you be able to clear the cache on your browser and try this navigating to the Buy Button again? In some cases, clearing the cache from your browser can fix minor issues that you may experience with the Shopify admin. 

If the issue persists, could you attempt to use a separate browser, by any chance? As for example, if you are using Safari - try this on Google Chrome

Let me know if that works for you.

peterhier
5 0 0

Hi @Ollie clearing the cache in ChRome did not work but changing to Firefox did. Does this mean I have to use Firefox as my browser from now on?? I don’t really want to do that.

Many thanks for taking the time to help me with this problem, I really appreciate it.

Cheers

Peter

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2332 454 397

Hey @peterhier.

Thanks for the response and attempting those troubleshooting methods. 

This may be occurring due to the browser for Chrome may be out of date. I did come across to finding Google's Help Document that goes into more depth about Updating Google Chrome and it does have a step-by-step guide. It is recommended that merchants use the most recent version of Google Chrome as this is the most compatible browser with the Shopify platform.

With that being said, I am unable to confirm what may be the root cause of the Buy Button not displaying correctly using the Chrome browser. I would try to see if there is an update available.

Let me know what you think. 

peterhier
5 0 0

Hi @Ollie,

I have done all of that but it makes no difference - what is interesting is that when I get the Buy Button onto my computer even though it does not function in any way it appears on my Admin Managers computer (using Chrome) and it works perfectly!!

So I guess that I have a "Computer Problem" and that it is nothing to do with Shopify or the Buy Button!

Many thanks for your time Ollie it really is very much appreciated.

Regards

Peter

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2332 454 397

Hey @peterhier.

I appreciate your quick responses and patience with this!

The blank page that is displaying may be linked to the permissions that your staff account has. You did specify that the Buy Button is working on your admin's computer. In this case, you may need to update the permissions on your staff account to allow access to Specific apps and sales channels

You can check the staff permissions by logging in as the Admin for the online business. Once you are successfully logged in, you can navigate to Settings > Users and permissions and select on the staff account you would like to update. I took a screenshot from my test store of the section I am referring to:

02-37-47901-58938

I am hoping that does the trick, let me know. 

peterhier
5 0 0

Hi @Ollie ,

I really appreciate you spending so much time on this - I am probably the least technical guy you have to deal with!

I didn’t explain myself very well in my previous post: when I said Admin I actually that she was the Company Administrator NOT Shopify, she is “Staff” in Shopify and she has permissions for all the Apps - I am the store owner.

I have checked my Permissions and all I see is this:

peterhier_0-1683102369510.jpeg

I have no idea why this should be - none at all!

Peter