FROM CACHE - en_header

You need to grant Shopify permissions to the following accounts to use the new Facebook channel

Archangelwatch
2 0 2

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 13.35.26.png

I keep getting this error when connecting my store to facebook pixel, has anyone had this problem before?

Replies 15 (15)
eterno
2 0 1

Ugh I'm getting hit with the same error and can't figure it out.

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 12.57.25 PM.png

Archangelwatch
2 0 2

its really frustrating because it should work

sagarika
1 0 0

Same problem and error.

"You need to grant Shopify permissions to the following accounts to use the new Facebook channel"

Someone suggest a solution plz

Andreas_Zindel
Excursionist
12 1 4
jason001
Tourist
5 0 1

I'm experiencing the same issue and can't seem to find how to fix it! Have logged a support request with Shopify

Andreas_Zindel
Excursionist
12 1 4

I found a solution that worked for me. It was suggested to me to delete all browsing history and cookies and then go through the setup again. Since chrome syncs all browsing history and cookies it gets a bit tricky and I don't like to lose my cookies (call me a stickler).

So I used MS edge (which I don't use for anything Shopify or facebook related). Since edge is a clean slate for me I had no issues during the setup. It went right through without a hitch.

Either clear your browsing history including deleting all cookies or use a "blank" browser (Maybe incognito mode works). 

eterno
2 0 1

Thank you!! Using a new browser totally solved it for me!

stevie_holmes
1 0 0

Hello all I'm having this same problem, tried a different browser, cleared history, still getting this same message.  Any other suggestions?

ebon
Pathfinder
110 3 38

I've tried clearing the browser, a different PC and strangers PC. Nothing works!!!

can anyone help please.

jason001
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi all, we found the issue was because the app requires both a Facebook AND Instagram account.

We had to setup a fake Instagram account for our business (which we will never use) and link it, then it all installed properly.

I tried everything else then tried this and now it's working fine.

Hope that helps.

ebon
Pathfinder
110 3 38

I do have both accounts. still nothing. same ol merry go around

Biznetix
1 0 0

Jason001 wrote:

>Hi all, we found the issue was because the app requires both a Facebook AND Instagram account.

This solved it!  Thank you! I went around and around in circles.  I tried all of the clear cache and cookies, disconnect reconnect, manually assign roles/permissions, I tried possibly every other idea mentioned in the community without success.  So, I created a new Instagram page, upgraded it to business version, and retried the channel sync.  Success!

jaryd
1 0 0
Trulymiami305
1 0 0

Thank you clearing my browser history worked

GFF
1 0 0

For me worked Facebook update this way:

I removed the Facebook sales channel first and then follow the steps

Steps:
  1. From your Shopify admin, click + next to SALES CHANNELS.
  2. Click + next to Facebook, and then click Update sales channel to install the Facebook channel.
  3. Click Start set up on the feature that you want to install first.
  4. Click Connect account.
  5. Sign in to your Facebook account.