Add on drop down box

Propel-Isabella
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi there, 

I'm wanting to get a drop down box on a website that sells toilets and I'd like the option of being able to choose a toilet seat add on of a different thickness and be able to add that price on automatically if its selected. 

I was looking into variants on Shopify but I don't think that's the way to do it because you can't connect the sku and quality of a already exciting product, and from my understanding it doesn't function as an add on feature. 

Any ideas on what I could do or use to achieve this?

Replies 3 (3)

Kate_WSQ
Shopify Partner
71 11 11

Hi,

For offering product options for toilets and toilet seats, you have a few different approaches you could consider:

Option 1: Public App for Product Options
If you need extensive customization options, I'd recommend looking into public apps like infinite options or Globo Product Options. These apps are designed to provide a wide range of product customization capabilities, allowing customers to select from various options and configurations.

Option 2: Bundle App with Mix and Match Feature
Alternatively, if the toilet seat is a separate product, you could use a bundle app with a mix and match feature, such as Bundler. This would allow customers to create bundles by combining different toilet seats with compatible toilet models. The mix and match functionality ensures customers can select the appropriate toilet seat for their chosen toilet.
Option 3: Default Variants on Shopify
If the number of combinations is manageable, you could use Shopify's default variants feature. This involves configuring the combinations of toilets and toilet seats as variants within a single product. However, this approach may become time consuming if you have a large number of combinations.
Here's an example screenshot demonstrating how the variants could be set up:

Kate_WSQ_0-1713839945551.png

Feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance or have additional questions. I'm happy to help.

If this is helpful, please Like and Accept the solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store? Let me help.
- Feel free to contact me on wangsiqi@shinetechsoftware.com

EasifyApps
Shopify Partner
541 16 42

Hi @Propel-Isabella,

You can consider integrating the Toilet seat as custom options within the Toilet product using the Easify Product Options app. This means the Toilet seat becomes an add-on product for the Toilet item. Customers purchasing your Toilet product can then select from various toilet seat options of different thicknesses, with the price of the chosen seat added to the main Toilet product.

Below is an example:

• Storefront:

EasifyApps_0-1713840912627.png

EasifyApps_1-1713840922359.png

EasifyApps_2-1713840936131.png

• App settings:

ff.png

If you need further assistance or have specific product details, feel free to reach out or connect with the Easify team through the in-app live chat for setup support.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support

Sweet_Savior_3
Shopify Partner
1158 94 112

Hello @Propel-Isabella 

Welcome to Shopify Community.

You can use any of the custom option app or can hard code the complete functionality.

Thanks

Don't forget to like and accept the solution to help others store owners.
Looking for an expert or Have any queries ? Send query to the Inbox
Coffee Tip ? Pay to shopify.dev.34@gmail.com
From Less To Further !!!