Adding line breaks to notification emails

allielouth
Tourist
3 0 1

I would like to add line breaks to my notification emails instead of having the block paragraph but cannot seem to figure out how to do so. I've tried adding the <br> and <p> code variations at separate times and it did not work. Does anyone have a fix for this? 

Replies 6 (6)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

<br> is definitely the html for a line break. Can you show us specifically what you're doing and what is being output?

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
allielouth
Tourist
3 0 1

Here is what I am trying to do: 

Hey {{ billing_address.first_name }}! <br>Thanks for shopping at Little Henny. <br>It looks like you left some really cute stuff in your shopping bag, so don't forget to snag them before they sell out!<br>

And this is the output: 

You're almost there!

Thanks for shopping at Little Henny. It looks like you left some really cute stuff in your shopping bag, so don't forget to snag them before they sell out!

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

I'll just assume it was a mistake that when you said you were trying to say "Hey {{ billing_address.first_name }}!" and what you say is being output "You're almost there!" was just a mistake, but the breaks seem to appear there. What are you expecting?

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
allielouth
Tourist
3 0 1

Sorry, my mistake. I would like to line break to occur between these sentences: Thanks for shopping at Little Henny. It looks like you left some really cute stuff in your shopping bag, so don't forget to snag them before they sell out!

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

What do you think a line break is? Are you expecting this?

Thanks for shopping at Little Henny.
It looks like you left some really cute stuff in your shopping bag, so don't forget to snag them before they sell out!

Or are you expecting space between the lines?

Thanks for shopping at Little Henny.

It looks like you left some really cute stuff in your shopping bag, so don't forget to snag them before they sell out!

Because a line break would just place it directly below and not put any space between it, and what you posted in your original post had a proper line break. I don't know if that's the HTML working through Shopify's editor or what. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? Also, if you post your code and tell me what notification email it is, I can just take it into my developer store and see what's going on.

Sparkle1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ninthony,

Im just tagging on to the end of this thread and hoping you can please help me...

I have done the <b> to get the line break in my abandoned checkout email, but how do I get an actual blank line?

For example:

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

blah blah blah