App to make forum in my shopify store?

Happy2Day
Shopify Partner
32 0 0

I need an app that allows posts from users in real time on the store.  Any recommendations?

0 Likes
Liam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
651 19 253

Hi there!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

It is of course possible to create a forum within your Shopify store, and you can use this app, Mutt to achieve this effect. It can be used to embed real-time commenting on any sections of your site, as well as create a full-fledged forum system for your community.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Liam | Developer Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Happy2Day
Shopify Partner
32 0 0

Hello Liam,

Thank you for your post.

Is there any way to do it for less than $485/mo if we want guaranteed uptime or to be able to see our members email address or to remove the mutt logo?

Not sure if you realize that is how much they charge for a forum where we can see our members email address.

We just can not afford $485/mo.

Thank you

0 Likes
Liam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
651 19 253

Hi again.

Thank you for getting back in touch. Liam here again. 

The $485/mo is an enterprise level plan which appears to not be available on Shopify. I believe the only plans available on Shopify are $45/mo and $120/mo. 

I have alos seen these instructions being used to build a forum within Shopify, and this Helprace APP may also give your site forum/ community functionality.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Liam Griffin Customer Success Guru

Liam | Developer Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Happy2Day
Shopify Partner
32 0 0

Liam, I REALLY appreciate your time and knowledge.

I will check out those two options you gave me.

Thank you

0 Likes
Happy2Day
Shopify Partner
32 0 0

Took a look unfortunately they wont work for us.

UserVoice  costs $199?mo and has quite limited features.

Helprace is in Beta and states use at your own risk.

Still looking if anyone has a suggestion, thank you

0 Likes
Team_Champ
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

A little late to the discussion, but our team just released an forum app for Shopify called Champ.

Demo is available here: https://getchamp.myshopify.com/community/champ

Add a forum to your Shopify store using Champ - https://apps.shopify.com/champ
0 Likes
JamesAB
Excursionist
15 0 8

Answerbase provides a white-labeled community Q&A forum, recently launched for Shopify merchants and it's pretty robust....since Answerbase's roots are in servicing some of the biggest brands on the planet and powering their Q&A community forums.   All of that goodness is now integrated within Shopify:)

The increase in organic search traffic to your store should be notable if you do it right.  Your integration should give you results like this on Google when customers are asking similar questions about products via search:

google-result.png

Check out their page covering their full community Q&A forum capabilities on their site, and their product question and answer app on the Shopify app store seamlessly integrates into your product pages to get the community engagement going for you...so you just don't have a dead forum sitting on your site on a page nobody goes to.

mbeffa
1 0 0

How about a working link to this Mutt app? Or is it Muut?

0 Likes