Audio Previews For Beats

DualityRecords
8 0 0

Want to add a audio playlist to my website to preview the beats and my mixes like a beatstars playlist or similar, but theres only apps to do that, is there any other way to go about it without? At this point, I'm thinkkin gabout putting my youtube videos on the beats, but I would like something better, Thanks!

https://duality-soundss.myshopify.com/?_ab=0&_fd=0&_sc=1&key=3b8b6d4788f528a205faed92eea9555209cd46f...

Password: finn

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2157 320 860

It's entirely possible to do with javascript, but it kind of depends on your use case. What exactly are you imagining? Is it something that's going to be updated regularly? I can actually think of a few ways you might be able to pull off something like beatstars -- but if you can't code I don't imagine it would be worth your time trying to learn everything you'd need to be able to implement it, and it would probably be more money than you're willing to spend at once to get a developer to make something similar for you. An app may be your best option.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
DualityRecords
8 0 0

I'm open to any suggestions you have and any information you can provide, I'll do the research if I need more information, I just want to be aware of all my options before I make a choice, thanks!

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2157 320 860

Well my main thought is that you can create one product that houses all of your playlists through a giant JSON object inside a metafield for the product. I'm working on an example right now, it'll be extremely simple and still may take a bit of time (partner dashboard is currently down), but I'll post a preview link after. 

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
DualityRecords
8 0 0

ok thanks for taking your time out to do that, I'll do some research into it so I can understand it a little better.

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2157 320 860

Alright well here's kind of the idea. This is riddled with bugs at the moment when the playlist loops, I haven't debugged it yet but it probably has something to do with waiting for the .load() promise. It's still working fine so I figured I'd just post the general idea instead of debugging it. There's only 2 songs in each playlist.

https://codepen.io/ninthony/pen/rNyqyQv

So the big json variable would be what you keep stored in the products metafield. Then I loop through it and build an element for every object in my playlists array. If you're updating it, it would be as simple as following this structure for every playlist you add, not that it's really ideal to have to manually add this code every time. I believe it would be possible to do something like this on the homepage with a dynamic section, but it would be a completely different approach as it would involve a lot of manipulating with the schema. I'll probably continue to work on this  little playlist thing if you check back on it periodically.

0 Likes