How can I center my Brooklyn theme logo?

Yurded
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi there,

Would anyone be able to help me out with centering my logo in Brooklyn?

I have found the following code on a forum and pasted it into theme.scss.liquid but nothing changed:

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
.site-header .large--text-right {
text-align: center !important;
}
.site-header .grid--table .large--two-thirds {
width: 100%;
float: none !important;
display: block !important;
}
.site-header__logo {
text-align: center;
font-size: 1.5625em;
display: block;
}
.site-header__logo {
text-align: center;
font-size: 1.5625em;
display: block;
}
.site-header .large--one-third {
width: 100%;
display: block !important;
}
}

Thank you in advance! Very grateful

Replies 7 (7)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36844 3636 11978

@Yurded 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Yurded
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi @KetanKumar 

Thanks so much for your quick response!

Please find my URL here: https://soiree-amsterdam.myshopify.com/admin/themes/125119594646/editor?section=header

Yesterday it was only off-centered in mobile view, but now I see the same is happening in desktop view. The logo should be in the center, on top of the navigation.

Thanks a lot for your effort! 🙂

Eda

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36844 3636 11978

@Yurded 

sorry your store is password protect

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @Yurded.

Thanks for the quick reply.

It looks like you shared the link for your store, however it was a link to the admin section of your store which we do not have access to. If you would like to share the URL for the store, you will just need to share your .myshopify.com URL that you login in with. 

I appreciate that you have added two screenshots so we can take a closer look. I can definitely see that that the logo is not completely centered on the mobile version of the theme. I would suggest making sure the image that you are using for the logo does not have negative spacing before the first letter. If you can confirm that the logo is centered on the image, I think the best next step would be to have an Advisor take a closer look.

You can reach out to a Support Advisor by logging into your store on our Contact Us page. They can look into the coding of the theme to see if there is a slight adjustment that will need to be made.

Happy to help out!

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @Yurded.

Thanks for reaching out.

It looks like the link that you have shared is from the admin section of your store and only the store owner can view the page. If you would like, you can share a screenshot of the logo of the store that you are wanting to center.

Since the Brooklyn theme is designed and supported by Shopify. We can use free Design time for Shopify themes to have the logo centered by our internal themes team. If you are interested in using your Design time, you can reach out to an Advisor using our Contact Us page. Let them know that you would like to use the design time to have the logo centered.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Yurded
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi @Ollie 

Thanks a lot for your response, I'd be happy to share the link too, could you tell me how I can share one that can be viewed by you?

In the meantime I have attached 2 screenshots of the off-centered logo's (both desktop and mobile view).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Eda

Eda90
Excursionist
40 0 12

Hi @KetanKumar @Ollie,

This is @Yurded again, but from a different account. I have stopped using my Yurded shopify account and started a new license.

I am still busy with the Brooklyn theme and bump into another issue now (please see screenshots below):

- There is a 'enable transparent header on the homepage' button, but this is indeed only meant to use on the homepage

- However, my logo is white, so when I create another page (non-homepage), I still have the white logo, but since its not transparent, the logo is invisible

- Question 1: is it possible to enable the transparent header on other pages than the homepage?

- Question 2: if question 1 is not possible, is it possible to select a different logo for the homepage and another one for other pages? When I change the logo now, it changes on all pages

HomepageHomepageCustom pageCustom page