Solved

bug on home page video - narrative theme

haze-fitness
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello 

I'm not a developer and our theme home page stop displaying the video we had added by a developer. The video has been working for months and it stopped working when i did a lot of facebook domain verification and configuration, i'm wondering if the tracking broke it. Does anyone have the keen eye to tell how i might debug it from the source code/ tools i dont know about, please? The problem only occurs on mobile by the looks of it. 

view-source:https://haze-fitness.com/ 

A big thank you for all tips. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @haze-fitness.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to offer you some suggestions for this. First off, thank you for sharing the link for your store, I really enjoyed checking it out. This is a really cool product, and your shop looks great! I really love the easy-to-navigate menu system, professional photos and that homepage video on the desktop does look awesome. I also really enjoyed learning about your brand story in your about us section, I can certainly relate to your mission to bring mental health and physical health together into one space and think this is a great message to help build a community with your customers. 

As for your homepage video issue when viewing with mobile devices, I too was not able to even see the video play when visiting your shop on my mobile device. My first question is, what theme are you using for your shop? I am not positive that your Facebook domain verification would have been the culprit to affect your video, but it could have something to do with the work your developer did interact with your theme. My first suggestion would be to reach out to the developer who originally helped you to have them take a look into fixing this. I would also suggest reaching out to your themes developer if you are utilizing a third-party theme. Something else to consider would be, if you have manipulated the coding of your theme recently in any way (even if not related to your homepage video) this may have caused an issue. 

As a quick aside, I noticed the Instagram icon at the footer of your shop does not seem to link to your Instagram page and instead redirects to a 404 error page. You may want to head to your theme settings under Online Store>Themes>Customize>Theme settings>Social to ensure you have set this link up correctly:

Please feel free to reach back out to me directly here with some more context to the questions above and I would be happy to offer any further ideas to you! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @haze-fitness.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to offer you some suggestions for this. First off, thank you for sharing the link for your store, I really enjoyed checking it out. This is a really cool product, and your shop looks great! I really love the easy-to-navigate menu system, professional photos and that homepage video on the desktop does look awesome. I also really enjoyed learning about your brand story in your about us section, I can certainly relate to your mission to bring mental health and physical health together into one space and think this is a great message to help build a community with your customers. 

As for your homepage video issue when viewing with mobile devices, I too was not able to even see the video play when visiting your shop on my mobile device. My first question is, what theme are you using for your shop? I am not positive that your Facebook domain verification would have been the culprit to affect your video, but it could have something to do with the work your developer did interact with your theme. My first suggestion would be to reach out to the developer who originally helped you to have them take a look into fixing this. I would also suggest reaching out to your themes developer if you are utilizing a third-party theme. Something else to consider would be, if you have manipulated the coding of your theme recently in any way (even if not related to your homepage video) this may have caused an issue. 

As a quick aside, I noticed the Instagram icon at the footer of your shop does not seem to link to your Instagram page and instead redirects to a 404 error page. You may want to head to your theme settings under Online Store>Themes>Customize>Theme settings>Social to ensure you have set this link up correctly:

Please feel free to reach back out to me directly here with some more context to the questions above and I would be happy to offer any further ideas to you! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

haze-fitness
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you Marty, this is so thoughtful and kind of you to say so. I'm very grateful for the encouragement, the instagram bug spot and your suggestions. A HUGE thank you. I managed to track down the original developer that build our site so fingers crossed he can help, if not i'll connect with the 'Narrative' theme lead. 

Kind regards