Can I update the discontinued Boundless theme for my online store?

cl1102
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I opened my store in 2019, but closed it for a while. Opened it back up & realized that Boundless has been discontinued. Though it is discontinued, is there a way to get an update for it? I I like the big slide theme, none of the free themes have that. Dawn is similar, but doesnt have a slide theme.  Can you please advise?

Thanks Carrie 

Reply 1 (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @cl1102,

The Boundless theme is one of many vintage themes that has been discontinued and is no longer available on the Shopify Theme Store, which is previously where you could have downloaded a fresh version of the theme. I'd recommend checking out our new Online Store 2.0 themes which allow you to add different sections to your theme, including a slideshow. These themes include many more features and I'd recommend looking into switching rather than keeping your old theme as it will be outdated and unsupported at this point.

If you feel like you really have to keep using Boundless, please feel free to contact our support team about this and they can look into whether or not it's possible to provide you with a fresh version of the theme.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog