Changing Color of Logo On Every Page But Homepage

katie-f
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi!

So I'm relatively new to Shopify, and I'm using the Prestige theme to build my site.

Could anybody tell me if there is some simple code I could use to turn my site's logo from light to dark on every page but the home page? (On both desktop and mobile).

I am running into an issue, because I need it to be light colored on the homepage, as it sits atop a hero section with photos. But then on the other pages, which are light-colored, it disappears.

It's not a text logo, it is an image I uploaded. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies 2 (2)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3033 593 846

Hello @katie-f ,

There are 2 solutions for it but keep note you have to do customization a/to the idea I'll share. 
If you are not aware about code then you can try to contact theme support or hire  a developer.

1) Use SVG logo and change it's color with css a/to the template.

2) Create an option parallel to the existing logo to upload logo for inner page. And after that while calling it in code make it conditional.
e.g. 

if template == homepage 

then use default logo with existing code

else

for inner pages use the custom option logo 

I hope this will gives you an idea to implement it.

Thanks

- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter
katie-f
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I'm so new to Shopify that I don't really know what to do with the information. I have some CSS experience and know what if/else statements are, but I know next to nothing about liquid as a language and only want to make this one small change to my header. I appreciate it. I will keep searching online for a way to implement the solution.