Collection pictures not displayed correctly, please help!

Mahi-Gin
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi there!

My site is almost ready. But, there is 1 thing that really annoys me... 

when you look at my site in desktop modus the Collection pictures are displayed correctly. As you can see below:

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-27 om 09.05.04.png 

But, when i look at the site on my mobile, the layout of the collection is different and one of the pictures is not displayed correctly anymore. See below:

IMG_FF535730F24F-1.jpeg

Does anybody have a solution for this? I would really appreciate it!!

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

Rien 

Replies 3 (3)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi @Mahi-Gin,

Congratulations on getting your site almost finished! I'm sure you must be super excited!

What you're seeing here is expected behavior, and here's why:

While you haven't given the name of the theme you are using, you should know that most themes are responsive which means that they adapt to fit the device they are being viewed on. This is certainly true of Shopify's free themes, but it's also true of third-party themes too.

Because large images can't fit on all devices, Shopify sometimes displays only part of the image depending on the device you're using. So for example, if your image slideshow contains a lot of large images, then you might find that parts of the images aren't visible.

We have a list of best practices to avoid issues like image cropping:

27-05-68805-28081

You will need to adapt your images slightly to make sure they're not being cropped whenever they're viewed on a smaller device.

I also noticed that you're selling dry gin - yum! - so I thought I'd give you a link to a free tutorial in our Academy that talks through setting up a business that sells alcohol.

One interesting tidbit I got from this was when Jonathan said

"So another thing that we see is people have pretty specific tastes when it comes to wine, beer, liquor and it can be a little bit hard to find a thing that’s right for you online. So you kind of need to think about how you’re going to design your site to show those properties of what you’re selling."

He goes on to suggest adding Product Tabs to break up product descriptions for your customers (depending on how detailed you get), and he points out how useful it is to promote your products by having a wine (or gin!) club that customers can sign up to. He recommends the ReCharge app to charge subscriptions for anyone who joins your club! That's just a little food for thought.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Mahi-Gin
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Hyde!

Thank you for your response and information, much appreciated! i will definitely have a look at the tutorial you suggested.

Cheers!

Rien 

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

You are most welcome! I hope that all helps but please let me know if you have any other questions. -Hyde

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.