Could someone please tell me what a Shopify web designer actually does?

micheblea83
1 0 1

Apologies if this sounds like a dumb question, however I'm not sure what the web designer actually does. I've received quotes from a few companies that quoted in the range of 30-50k for the design of a Shopify store. 2 have told me the pick out a theme and then customize it. Where does the extra cost come from? Is it just filling in all the informations, photo's, payment gateways etc?

suyash1
Shopify Partner
3260 364 533

@micheblea83 - you can choose free/paid theme as per your requirement.

yes filling all the info, photos, products takes a lot of time and many times clients do ask for customizations which are not part of original theme, or design changes of colors, texts, images sizes etc.

50K may be a huge amount for your website , so you can deny it , but yes designer has to do a lot of work.

You are welcome to contact me, my email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com
Free Shopify solutions/tutorials on youtube
#1 page builder app on Shopify - for FREE! PageFly
0 Likes
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
8516 2000 2690

@micheblea83 

30-50K is a really huge amount, but I think, I think companies have quoted you for all.

All means it includes:
1) Design of your template design/ wireframe etc.
2) Convert that design into a Shopify theme.
3) All the customizations related to the theme.
4) Setup your store with all required apps and configure them.
5) Setup payment, shipping methods
6) Setup discounts, coupons, etc.
7) Creating and designing pages.
Uploading products and inventory
9) Develop and live your store
10) Nothing but the least Maintainance of the store.

So these are few tasks that we take into account.
But if in general web designer design your store. So if you have a Shopify account and a free theme installed there. You can purchase the theme via Shopify and ask the designer to modify that theme as per your need/wireframe you provided.
You will get a quote accordingly.

But it is up to you how you approach the designer and companies. The cost will vary as per your requirements.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | Bag is a cart drawer that maximizes your sales. View app →
0 Likes
mmdesignsldn
35 0 0

@micheblea83 Hi, are you looking to hire someone?

0 Likes