Apologies if this sounds like a dumb question, however I'm not sure what the web designer actually does. I've received quotes from a few companies that quoted in the range of 30-50k for the design of a Shopify store. 2 have told me the pick out a theme and then customize it. Where does the extra cost come from? Is it just filling in all the informations, photo's, payment gateways etc?
@micheblea83 - you can choose free/paid theme as per your requirement.
yes filling all the info, photos, products takes a lot of time and many times clients do ask for customizations which are not part of original theme, or design changes of colors, texts, images sizes etc.
50K may be a huge amount for your website , so you can deny it , but yes designer has to do a lot of work.
30-50K is a really huge amount, but I think, I think companies have quoted you for all.
All means it includes:
1) Design of your template design/ wireframe etc.
2) Convert that design into a Shopify theme.
3) All the customizations related to the theme.
4) Setup your store with all required apps and configure them.
5) Setup payment, shipping methods
6) Setup discounts, coupons, etc.
7) Creating and designing pages.
9) Develop and live your store
10) Nothing but the least Maintainance of the store.
So these are few tasks that we take into account.
But if in general web designer design your store. So if you have a Shopify account and a free theme installed there. You can purchase the theme via Shopify and ask the designer to modify that theme as per your need/wireframe you provided.
You will get a quote accordingly.
But it is up to you how you approach the designer and companies. The cost will vary as per your requirements.
Hope this helps.