Solved

Create collections not visible on the online store

CompassJW
Excursionist
18 0 6

Hello!

I wanted to know if it is possible to create a collection that is not visible to the public?

A)If I create a collection for a vendor as a way to track inventory , but the products in that inventory collection  are not available for customers, can I make one not visible to customers? Does the collection availability dictate this? If I say that it is not available for online store, when I preview the page will I still be able to see products?

B) in the csv file that you can import products on it has both “status” where you can set to active/ draft, and “published” where you can put true/false. What is the difference between published =false , and status-draft?

C) if I create this hidden (from the public) collection, and I put products to be not-published,and/or draft status in this collection, will the products show up when I preview the collection page? Do products have to be active to go into a collection?

Accepted Solution (1)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

This is an accepted solution.

@CompassJW 

no sorry that's not possible 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

This is an accepted solution.

@CompassJW 

no sorry that's not possible 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
CompassJW
Excursionist
18 0 6

Hello @KetanKumar ,

Thanks for letting me know,

- CompassJW