Custom add to cart on a landing page

hedy
2 0 0
I'm currently making a landing page for a product (an additional page, on top of the normal page that you can go to through the shop page) and I want to be able to have a "buy now" button directly on that page that redirects to checkout.
I've tried adding a new product template, but I'm really confused on how to set the add to cart button to add a specific product, especially as this is on a page, not a product template ( page.journal-landing-page.liquid ). The main reason is because I don't want the normal website header and footer on this page.
Right now, I have this:
{% form "product", product %}
<input type="submit" name="add" id="add" value="GET THE JOURNAL" class="purchase button" onclick="location.href='/cart';">
{% endform %}

But I'm getting this instead of the button: "Liquid error: product form must be given a product"

Please help!
0 Likes

Hi @hedy

This is my recommendation for your question. You can change your code to:

<a href="/cart" class="purchase button" id="add">GET THE JOURNAL</a>

Please try this and let me know if you need further support from us.

Hope this helps! 

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
hedy
2 0 0

Hi @LitExtension

Thank you for your response. The code still does not seem to work: I think the code you provided redirects to the cart, but since this button is going to be on a regular page (not a product page), it doesn't add anything to the cart. I need it to add a specific product to the cart when you push the button, so that's the part that I'm stuck on. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Cart_migration
Tourist
7 0 0

Hi @hedy

Can you please share with me your store URL? I will check it and figure out the solution for you! 

Have a great day! 

0 Likes
made4Uo
Explorer
140 2 16

Hi,

Try using this code  {{ 'products.product.add_to_cart' | t }} on the onclick. Hope it works

0 Likes