Customizing newly added pages on the Narrative theme

DC7777
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello I am trying to add sections to the new page that I have added just like the home page. The sidebar says Custom page content, but I can't add any custom content. Is there any way I can do this just like the home page? I am using the Narrative theme. Thank you!

Replies 6 (6)

DevsMedia
Shopify Partner
32 0 1

Hi @DC7777 ,

It is possible, but you need to add custom feature according to it 

If the solution is helpful then please Like and Accept the Solution.
Do you want to customize your store, then Hire us.
- Feel free to contact us on hello@devsmedia.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Whatsapp: +8801972574364
DC7777
Tourist
3 0 1

How can I add sections like the home page? It doesn't give me an option to do so. Cheers!

Farouk-dev
Shopify Partner
146 24 27

Hi @DC7777 ,

What kind of sections?

Image with text, image with text overlay, testimonials?

If this message was helpful, please mark it as a solution and give it a thumbs up. For more theme customisations, just send me an email at kadduf6@gmail.com
DC7777
Tourist
3 0 1

Yes, the same options for sections I have for the home page.

Farouk-dev
Shopify Partner
146 24 27

@DC7777 

Right, I'll attempt to break it up in to simple steps here below...

1. Navigate to your theme editor
  2. Find 'Templates' and click 'add new template'. Select pages from the drop down list. Leave all code untouched (Remember to save it as .liquid ).
  3. Look in the 'Sections' and find what you'd like to add.
    For instance if I want to add 'hero' section, I'd go back to my newly created Template from step 2...
    Insert the hero section by placing this line of code {% section 'hero' %} right below {{ page.content }}
  4. Close theme editor, head over to 'Pages' and add new page.
  5. In the bottom right conner, under 'theme template', select your newly created template.
  6. Add content, save and go to your customizer.
  7. Edit your page via customizer. Select 'pages', then select your template.

Hope that helps

If this message was helpful, please mark it as a solution and give it a thumbs up. For more theme customisations, just send me an email at kadduf6@gmail.com

kate315
Visitor
1 0 1

I am looking for the same answer. This seems so strange that they would create those sections for only the home page and not other pages