Dawn 2.0 adding a text box to each product page

Solved
Jacqueline_Rudd
Tourist
4 1 0

I am trying to upgrade to the new Dawn 2.0 Theme.  I need to have the option of adding a text box to each product page, similar to what Etsy uses for its "Personalization" box, so customers can provide more information required to complete their order.   e.g the 'name' they require to be embroidered. 

This information submitted needs to be displayed on the checkout page and with the order for admin.   I will use the new 'meta fields' to provide different instructions for each product . 

Can anyone help me with code?

Replies 19 (19)
StillVaping
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello, I hope I am not mistaken in posting here. I would also like to add a text box but to the cart page in case a customer has a note to leave me before proceeding to payment as is the case in the Venture theme

LaseMakers
Shopify Partner
68 1 25

Hi!!

I tried this code and it worked great on my products pages client can leave their comments, but the problem is that the comment doesn't appear on the order detail on admin, or confirmation email.

Is their a way for it to appear on the order details on admin, so I will know what the clients need?

Really appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Carolina

ReyGrajales
1 0 1

Hi @Guleria !! thank you for your help. I used this code in my page but i can't see the text in the buy page, can you help me please?

Guleria
Shopify Partner
1840 392 559

For all to whom option is not available in cart, order confirmation and order details
Use field inside the form tag For further queries please drop and email to my inbox or follow this article https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/product-pages-get-customization-information-for-produ... 

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com, Skype: navrocks1
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Buy me a coffee ☕ My PayPal
KMArm
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi @Guleria ! 

I'm finding that I'm seeing the customization as the title of my product as well. Do we know why it may duplicate?

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 8.37.31 PM.png

websensepro
4 0 0

@Guleria 

Unable to make this field required, using your code:

websensepro_0-1635944077049.png

Guleria
Shopify Partner
1840 392 559

Hello @websensepro ,

As I know html required attribute is not working with ajax. If you want to to make it required use custom JS or disable Dawn theme ajax.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com, Skype: navrocks1
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Buy me a coffee ☕ My PayPal
websensepro
4 0 0

@Guleria Can you refer to any documentation to make this happen via JS?

Jamiedded
2 0 0

Hi. I Followed these steps, however my website has gone live and I’ve had lots of orders but the comment box hasn’t pulled through to my orders so. I can’t see what they wrote ?? 

Jamiedded
2 0 0

Hi. I am stuck in here go as now my customers have been checking out and o don’t know what they want ?