Dawn Theme - change font size without code?

Solved
pureseeds
Tourist
6 0 4

Hello,

I've been testing out the new Dawn theme and so far I like the new customisation options, but I feel like a few things are missing.

I'm not sure if I've missed it somewhere but I can't find any option to change the font size within the theme editor. I've seen a few posts that show how to do it in the theme code with CSS but it really seems like something as simple as changing a font size should be available in the editor, without having to touch the code. Especially since the default font for product titles is so tiny - it's not very accessible. Have I missed this option somewhere? It seems like such a simple thing but I can't find a way to do it without coding.

Also, this has always been a problem with Shopify themes for me, but it appears there's still no easy way to change the height of an image banner without again going into the code editor? I just want to be able to upload an image and specify the height, or for it to at least adjust to the height of the image (it does this to an extent, but beyond a certain height it won't, e.g. if you upload a short image). Again, is there a way to do this that I'm missing, or is it only possible through code?

I'm just testing out this theme so I don't have a URL since it isn't live on my store. I was just wondering if anyone else who has used this theme is having similar problems or knows of a solution.

Thanks!

Replies 25 (25)
gracefuldz
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi @made4Uo,

I can't find that code in the base css file.. Is that where I should be looking?

I'm using Dawn / Craft

made4Uo
Navigator
215 11 77

@gracefuldz 

Forgot to mention. You can always set up a font-size for the <p>

Just go to Asset folder and find the base.css file. Then add the code below. NOTE: you can change the size on whatever you want. It should affect the elements that uses the <p> tag, unless, they already have a defined font-size

p {

font-size: 1rem;

}

I do not work with Shopify. I am not looking to be hired or being paid. Just wanted to help.
gracefuldz
Tourist
3 0 1

This worked a charm!!! Thanks so much!

Trinitydiamonds
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello, I have a similar problem when adjusting the font size in Dawn theme. I saw you have a great solution and I hope you can help me with my website. Right now, what I notice about my website font is that the product description is too small, but the rest of the heading and the box is big. Is there a way I can reverse this by making the description bigger and the rest to be smaller? I went to edit code-> base.css and change the font size rem. I put Ho-H3 to smaller rem and H4-H5 bigger rem but It still did not give me the result I am looking for. 

Trinitydiamonds_0-1637374839521.png

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
2588 309 644

@Trinitydiamonds 
Hi, Welcome to the Shopify Community Sir.
I hope you will get resolve your Issues.

Thanks for giving your Time.
Have a Good Day.

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
if you Want to modify or Customize your theme ,
Hire us | Whatsapp. and we also help you to guide how to reach to your potential customers to increase brand presence, engagements and sales for your business or Want to know more. Read our Shopify Blogs.Email us: sales@zworthkey.com

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
2588 309 644

@Trinitydiamonds 
kindly Share your Store Url, Sir.
So we can help you.
Thank you.

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
if you Want to modify or Customize your theme ,
Hire us | Whatsapp. and we also help you to guide how to reach to your potential customers to increase brand presence, engagements and sales for your business or Want to know more. Read our Shopify Blogs.Email us: sales@zworthkey.com

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing