DEBUT Theme: Button on Hero Image (Mobile & Desktop)

myKidsLounge
4 0 0

Hi all, 

I am new here so please be kind  

After I was able to add sections to insert different Hero Images (Desktop & Mobile), I am now stuck at how to insert an actual button on the images. 

This is the Mobile Image: 

Shopify-Swing-KL-Hero-Image-Mobile-1316x800.png

And this is the Desktop Image: 

Hero-Image-1920x1200.png

As you can see the text and the button are made in Photoshop (baked in the image) but as I switched from a different e-commerce platform on which I was able to add a "Button-Zone" I now need an actual button on the two different Hero-Images. 

Of course it would be great to insert the real text as well but mostly it is just about the button for customers to get right to the product. 

I have already read so many posts and watched hours of tutorials but no chance.. 

It would be highly appreciated if you could help me. 

Thank you. 

Daniel 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1448 96 198

Hi there @myKidsLounge!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Shopify Community for advice.

It should be possible for you to add a button and set the text in that button for the slideshow section of your Debut theme.

Can you head to the Online store > Themes > Customise theme menu there for me and head to the homepage of your store in the preview (you can navigate there or select it from the page drop down in the top-left of the store preview here).

If you can click into the slideshow section here in your options on the left you will then see the 'Image slide' options within the slideshow section.

This ought to allow you to set the text and position for text on the slider image as well as adding a button label and button link per your preference.

Check out the guide linked above, follow the steps given here and let me know if you need any more direction to find this or put it in place.

It looks like you're selling children's gifts or gift boxes, is that so?

Do you know what else you need to work on either for building out your store or in terms of business or marketing?

Let me know here how else we can be of assistance!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
myKidsLounge
4 0 0

Hi Don, 

Thank you for your quick response!

Unfortunately that won't do the trick as I have tested it via Slideshow various times before until i then was able to create to different images (Desktop & Mobile) as sections: 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-05 um 17.16.43.png

Therefor I guess I "just" have to add a button on each of the images by code. 

I hope this makes sense Don. 

It looks like you're selling children's gifts or gift boxes, is that so?

That's right, we are a new company based in Germany which is focusing on children with special needs.

It's a crafting box especially designed and optimized for handicapped children. 

Do you know what else you need to work on either for building out your store or in terms of business or marketing?

I am boxing myself through coding and have already achieved some good results but there are still some open questions I am trying to solve. (mostly regarding design)

But this is topic with the hero image button does my head in. 

Best regards from Germany

Daniel 

0 Likes
myKidsLounge
4 0 0

Hi @Don

Would you mind sharing your feedback as I still did not find a way?

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best regards, 

Daniel 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1448 96 198

Hi again @myKidsLounge!

Don from Shopify once again.

It is difficult to say from here what might be possible in terms of your theme setup, but if you can get in touch via our Help Centre here we'll be able to access and discuss your store and admin with you. 

There we'll be able to take a look at your theme settings to see if what you wish to do can be accomplished that way or if it might be something we can help you to put in place with some coding support.

If you're using a free Shopify theme (such as Debut) and you're on a paid plan we'd be able to help out with up to 60 minutes of design time for small, visual coding edits like this.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes