Solved

Deleting meta fields for select products on Dawn 2.0

tpb111
Tourist
6 0 2

How do I selectively delete the four metafields on my e-gift card page (size, materials, care, refunds), without affecting it on my other product pages? Here is my site. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

This is an accepted solution.

Met afield definitions when created apply to all products , the most you can do on a per product basis is leave them empty.

If it's dynamic sources you may need to just make an alternate template just for the gift cards without those blocks/sections.

Otherwise if your using the default template with custom liquid code to display metafield information it should only show when there is information in those metafields.

Clear the data in that products metafields and it should not display, if not you need to fix the that codes logic to behave properly with empty metafields.

Contact me with this issues details , and thread url,  at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com if you need paid support to fix this.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1315

This is an accepted solution.

Met afield definitions when created apply to all products , the most you can do on a per product basis is leave them empty.

If it's dynamic sources you may need to just make an alternate template just for the gift cards without those blocks/sections.

Otherwise if your using the default template with custom liquid code to display metafield information it should only show when there is information in those metafields.

Clear the data in that products metafields and it should not display, if not you need to fix the that codes logic to behave properly with empty metafields.

Contact me with this issues details , and thread url,  at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com if you need paid support to fix this.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org