Different images for mobile than desktop web

Solved
nooreen
Tourist
7 0 3

Hello,

I am wondering what code I need to enter (and where!) to allow for different images on mobile web than desktop web view?

I currently am using a custom theme - does this determine where I need to be looking to add the code?

Thanks in advance!

Nooreen

Replies 188 (188)
InesBourgeois
Excursionist
36 1 12

Yes ! The store is lesizmoor.com and password shopifylesizmoor2021

The code has been changed a bit from the brooklyn theme

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2247 339 900

I don't see double images or anything. This published theme doesnt appear to be using the code I provided.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
InesBourgeois
Excursionist
36 1 12

Sorry, forgot to mention it's on the product page: https://lesizmoor.com/products/garment-02?variant=40562091655351

And it only appears double for mobile

User3423523r35
1 0 1

Ninthony,

Your solutions seems to have worked perfectly for us. Thank you for all your help. We have been searching months for a solution.

I have a question for you. How can we get this code to appear under a separate page on our website (pages.section)?

Edit: For some reason this was posted under the wrong thread - Here is the thread and code I am referring too: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/different-images-for-mobile-than-desktop-web/td-p/522...

RachelHSS
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi @Ninthony , just wondering if this section ever got finished/posted? I've read through all 18 pages of this thread and didn't see it but want to make sure  I'm not missing something. This solution would be great for me as I don't think I have the knowledge to follow the original solution you posted, especially as I am using a different theme than any of the ones you've previously referenced. Thanks in advance!

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2247 339 900

I posted a suboptimal solution on page 6. It's merely a section with 2 image pickers and you can link from them, it's a starting point for whoever is trying to develop their own sections or a simple way to display a desktop and mobile image that's not optimized for different screen resolutions:

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/different-images-for-mobile-than-desktop-web/m-p/8144...

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
RachelHSS
Tourist
5 0 2

Saw that, thanks. I thought after that you had said you were working on a full section code we could use instead. Thanks though.

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2247 339 900

Honestly I have no idea, it was quite some time ago and I may have worked on something for a bit and got distracted with life stuff. If I do get time I will expand on it and make it a stand alone topic/tutorial as I would likely make it a functioning slideshow as well.

HALLOPUPPY
1 0 1

Hey !

I did what you said and it went perfect, the only problem is that I want to display differnt pictures for desktop and phone in the SLIDESHOW.

is there any code with schema that I can put in ? tried the one that you posted and it didnt work in that section...

thank you for your help! (:

Giftsy
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi @KrazyGear, where did you add this piece of code?