Featured Collection Issue, Please Help!

lucailesley
Visitor
1 0 2

Hey guys!

I'm having a problem with my featured collections.

I have added a 'featured-collection' section to each page, each one showcasing a different collection.

When I refresh the page, they all automatically become the same collection and won't let me display different collections on different pages. 

Any help? 😞

Replies 5 (5)

amorlett
Shopify Partner
186 12 30

if you are on the new 2.0 you have to make a new metafield each new collection, if not it depends on your theme

Bossismail1
Excursionist
51 1 5

Can I have your store url link and understand what you mean and how to get this done if possible

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @lucailesley! Welcome to Shopify Community!

Are you adding featured collections to an Online Store 2.0 theme? An example of this is the Dawn theme. The rest of the Online Store 2.0 themes are found on this page.

If you're using an Online Store 2.0 theme, you'll need to create templates in order to add varying content to the sections of the individual pages. Without different templates, the pages will use one central default template that will show the same featured collections and other elements. To create a template, you can follow the steps below.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Customize beside the theme you're working on to open the theme editor.
  3. Click the dropdown menu found at the top of the theme editor and select 

alt

4. Select the template or the page you wish to create new templates for. Then click + Create template.
  5. Enter a name for the template.
  6. Select an existing template you want this new template to base on.
  7. Click Create template.

Once you have your new template, make sure it is selected when you make edits to it. Once you've set up this template, you can then assign it to the appropriate resource (product, collection, blog, blog post, or page). You can apply the template to each of them by referring to the guides on this page. You can have a maximum of 50 templates per resource.

If you're working on a vintage theme, you'll need to contact the developer of the theme or a Shopify Expert to customize it. You can contact the developer by following the steps on this page or you may hire a Shopify Expert through the Experts directory. Additionally, you may check out a page builder app such as Pagefly Landing Page Builder.

While we're on the topic of collections, make sure you optimize them so they have the ability to boost your sales. It may not seem like it but how you set up collections can significantly help your business in the long run. When collections are easily accessible and have the elements that can push customers to purchase your products, they can raise the number of sales in your store. To know how you can configure your collections to your advantage, feel free to read this article that shares best practices on setting up collections to drive traffic and boost your store's credibility.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

A big thank you to @Summer for mentioning PageFly!

Hi @lucailesley 

This is the PageFly team with 6 years of experience providing conversion rate optimization solutions.

You can customize your store with PageFly in the FREE plan because you can access all elements and functions. In PageFly, you can use Collection Details, Collection List elements and you can assign them to each page you want. 

PageFly brings in a complete package to build high-converting stores with just simple drag-and-drop, no coding required, creating a seamless digital experience across devices. PageFly is the right page builder for artists, coffee, beauty, pet care, food, fashion, supplement, home office, courses, fitness, and many other businesses. With 24/7 support live chat, PageFly's Dream Team of experts will accompany and assist you all along the way to help you create the best pages for your business.

You can check our ultimate guide on Building a high-converting page with PageFly!

ericsebens
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem... This is a very silly problem. What is the quick fix?