Hiding the price on a collection. Debut theme - HELP greatly appreciated!!

Amanda_Nilsson
1 0 1

Hi all.

I'm new to Shopify but am learning a lot and loving the set-up.

I'm struggling with the HTML trying to hide the price on my collections.

I just want to show 5 products from the collection on my homepage without showing any prices.

I've youtubed it but I'm struggling still and the only way I've found is to delete certain HTML which seems to hide all the prices of the products, which isnt what I wanted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Been trying for a number of days now but can't seem to solve it.

Thankyou in advance!

Amanda

Replies 22 (22)
sarhov
Shopify Expert
482 85 156
LiamLyons21
1 0 0

Hey mate,

I have done everything you said including making sure my handle is the correct handle but its still not working,
is there something I might be missing?

debute theme
cheers mate

fairysteps
2 0 0

Me too, Ive done all that and still can't hide the price on one specific collection. :( 

Support didnt know how to either.

swraith
2 0 0

How can i do this in Minimal theme?

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

fairysteps
2 0 0
I am sorry, I have no idea. I wanted to do the same but instead I had to
hide the price on all products. Not really what I wanted, but it sort of
solved my problem. I wanted to make a reviews page without prices showing.
I also set up an additional template apart from product one which I used to
hide the price within the product listing so that they couldn't be bought
either. Sort of an info only listing if you will.
Good luck :)
jannikS
1 0 0

It also worked for me! Its the first thing I ever coded! Thanks a lot for making my day  @sarhov 

KingOverman
Tourist
13 0 1

Sarhov- I know this is an old thread, but it worked a treat and I just wanted to say thank you. Your instructions work great for the collection page, but I also  want the price and cart removed on the product page as well, is that easy to do? Many thanks for your help

k

faerysteps
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello.

I didn't start this post, but I have commented. To hide price and cart on the product page you need to set up a different template and use other than the standard product template. This can then be adapted to remove the cart and price showing. You can even pop a message or a link to social media in its place.

Best to search how to make duplicate product template and try that. It works really well.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Ren @faerysteps 

KingOverman
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi Ren, thanks for your answer.  Would this work with a specific collection? I don't want to remove the cart and prices for all product pages - just the ones in a specific collection. 

faerysteps
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello 

Yes it would work. You have to go into each product in that collection individually and assign the new template that you've created.