How can I add a complementary products block in Showcase theme version 6.0.0?

faizanmendhro
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm using Showcase theme version 6.0.0 and I dont have "complimentary products" block in my product page. I already installed search and discovery. What is the solution to this?

Replies 4 (4)

Erin
Shopify Staff
941 127 146

Hi, @faizanmendhro. I'm happy to help you out with this! Are you making any other customizations to your shop at the moment?

The Complementary products block can be added to your products by using your theme editor. To get there go to Online store > Themes > Customize (next to the Showcase theme you're working on). From here, select your Default product template and click Add block under the Product pages section. You will find the Complementary products block there. Once that's added, you can set up which products show up in that block by using the Search & Discovery app.

27-40-49229-51010

You can also add a Product recommendations section to your product pages. This is added by default with the theme, Showcase. If you're not seeing it on your product pages and would like it added, you can do this by clicking Add section.

27-43-90911-53773

The Product recommendations section will offer customers a mix of products that are similar to the product your customer is interacting with. These product recommendations are auto-generated by Shopify and will dynamically change and improve over time. It's typically displayed under a heading titled "You may also like", but that can be renamed. On the other hand, the Complementary recommendations block will offer customers products that are complementary to the product your customer is interacting with. For example, an add-on product. These recommendations need to be configured via the Shopify Search & Discovery app, and they will be displayed under the heading "Pairs well with" (this can be renamed as well). You can read more about both types of recommendations here.

Please let me know if you have any questions! This guide on using sections and blocks can help in the meantime as well.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

faizanmendhro
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Erin, Thanks for getting back to me but this is not the problem. I understand how all of this works.

you said "select your Default product template and click Add block under the Product pages section. You will find the Complementary products block there"

This is the main issue, I cannot find the complementary products block there.

Screenshot 2023-04-29 062445.png

Screenshot 2023-04-29 062537.png

Erin
Shopify Staff
941 127 146

Hi, @faizanmendhro. Thanks for getting back to me with that context!

The Complementary products block should appear when you click Add block using the 6.0.0 version of the Showcase theme. If it's not appearing there I recommend speaking with the theme developer for more help. They should be able to look into this with you in more detail. You can contact their support team on the Showcase theme store listing here by clicking Get support under the Support and documentation tab.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lente
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Erin 

Could it be that when you have set complementary products via Search & Discovery that automated similar products are not displayed?

What can I do?

Thank you in advanced!