Solved

How can I add a site-wide margin in the Dawn theme?

Ryanmue
Excursionist
28 0 6

Hey there, 

I’m building my website with the Dawn theme. I would like that on the whole website, that there is a margin on both sides. So that, for example, the picture banner doens‘t go completely to the edges. 

does anyone know how I can achieve this?

best

// Ryan

Accepted Solution (1)

Made4uo-Ribe
Shopify Partner
6381 1532 1902

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Ryanmue 

Try this. 

• From your Shopify admin dashboard, click on "Online Store" and then "Themes".
  • Find the theme that you want to edit and click on "Actions" and then "Edit code".
  • Open the theme.liquid and paste the below code before the {% endstyle %}

body {
  margin: 20px;
}

• Made4uoRibe_0-1697231092904.png
  • You can change the size of the margin you want. 
  • And Save. 
  • Result:
  • Made4uoRibe_1-1697231116298.png
If this fixed your issue Likes and Accept as Solution is highly appreciated. Coffee tips fuels my dedication.
Get EXPERIENCED Shopify developers at affordable rates—visit Made4Uo.com for quick quote!
Do not lost your Shopify store! Get FREE trial with ✔️ Rewind Backup: Automatic, reliable, stress-free.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Made4uo-Ribe
Shopify Partner
6381 1532 1902

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Ryanmue 

Try this. 

• From your Shopify admin dashboard, click on "Online Store" and then "Themes".
  • Find the theme that you want to edit and click on "Actions" and then "Edit code".
  • Open the theme.liquid and paste the below code before the {% endstyle %}

body {
  margin: 20px;
}

• Made4uoRibe_0-1697231092904.png
  • You can change the size of the margin you want. 
  • And Save. 
  • Result:
  • Made4uoRibe_1-1697231116298.png
If this fixed your issue Likes and Accept as Solution is highly appreciated. Coffee tips fuels my dedication.
Get EXPERIENCED Shopify developers at affordable rates—visit Made4Uo.com for quick quote!
Do not lost your Shopify store! Get FREE trial with ✔️ Rewind Backup: Automatic, reliable, stress-free.
Ryanmue
Excursionist
28 0 6

Thank you so much! It worked as expected. 

Made4uo-Ribe
Shopify Partner
6381 1532 1902

Welcome, please dont forget hit Like. Thanks!