How can I customize total quantity across all product variants?

nat000
Visitor
2 0 0

I want to set total quantity across all variants of a product, for example I have total quantity of 10 of one product in 20 different variants, how do I customise quantity so that when any one variant is sold then total quantity updates accordingly?

Replies 4 (4)

WebDeskSolution
Shopify Partner
165 42 47

Hello @nat000 

For that first, you have to Set up inventory tracking

Follow the steps provided in the post below:
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/inventory/getting-started-with-inventory/set-up-inventor...

Then perform variant-based settings here is the link which has all the options in it:
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/shopify-pos/inventory-management/products/variants...

We hope this may help you to understand the variant structure in Shopify and how you can update it using admin.

Please hit Like and Mark it as a Solution if you find our reply helpful.

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Shopify Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

EasifyApps
Shopify Partner
464 11 37

Hi @nat000,

If your product quantity isn't tied to its variants, here's a neat suggestion. You could use the Easify Product Options app (there's a free plan) to turn your variants into custom options within the app. This way, your main product won't have variants, and you can set a general quantity for it (let's say 10), without getting into specific quantities for each of the 20 variants 🤗.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support
nat000
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks, I've tried it but I don't see the option to add quantity for variants, I'm setting up made-to-order items, customer needs to choose material first then size then colour, I need to set quantity at the material level as availability is determined by how much material is left in inventory. Does the app have that function? or only available to upgrade pro version?

EasifyApps
Shopify Partner
464 11 37

I initially assumed that setting the quantity to 10 for the main product was sufficient, but now I realize there might be more factors involved.

Could you elaborate on how you intend to establish inventory levels based on the materials used? Understanding more about your various product options and variants, along with your detailed management approach, will enable me to provide more tailored solutions.

Also, if you could share your website, it would be beneficial for gaining a deeper understanding of your products and requirements.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support