Solved

How can I disable or modify my 'shop' button function?

iwin
Excursionist
51 0 8

Hello, i have a category drop down button.

Issue is, i wish the whole 'shop' button was a drop down rather than a small arrow enabling it. If i dont click the arrow, it leads me to every single product in one page and very messy.

is it possible for when i click the 'shop' button, to make it react the same as the drop down arrow

or Is it possible to either disable the 'shop' button, making the arrow the only usable part.

(p.s how do i rename the 'shop' button to 'categories' )

Picture to demonstrate the button

iwin_0-1708391244875.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Vinsinfo
Shopify Partner
175 60 53

This is an accepted solution.

@iwin If you have displayed "Shop" through Navigation menu from admin, Go to "Online Store" -> "Navigation" -> "Menus". There you can find "Shop" under "Main menu", click it and update the "Shop" to "Categories" by clicking "Edit" button associated with "Shop". Please find below images for your reference.

priyavinsinfo_1-1708414372115.png

priyavinsinfo_2-1708414395983.png

Please share your store URL to share solution to disable the 'shop' button or to react it the same as the drop down arrow.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Ritu-25
Shopify Partner
129 26 15

Hello @iwin , 

Could you please share the website URL here? 

Thanks, 

Ritu 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
You can directly PM.
Email Me : nayakritu.2506@gmail.com
iwin
Excursionist
51 0 8

Hey Ritu, the URL is https://mycustomgifts.com/

Vinsinfo
Shopify Partner
175 60 53

This is an accepted solution.

@iwin If you have displayed "Shop" through Navigation menu from admin, Go to "Online Store" -> "Navigation" -> "Menus". There you can find "Shop" under "Main menu", click it and update the "Shop" to "Categories" by clicking "Edit" button associated with "Shop". Please find below images for your reference.

priyavinsinfo_1-1708414372115.png

priyavinsinfo_2-1708414395983.png

Please share your store URL to share solution to disable the 'shop' button or to react it the same as the drop down arrow.

iwin
Excursionist
51 0 8

Thankyou for helping me edit the shop button name, very useful step by step tutorial!

My URL is https://mycustomgifts.com/

i would prefer the button to react the same as the drop down arow, but if its much more easier to disable the button then im perfectly fine with that

thankyou for your time so far

iwin
Excursionist
51 0 8

Hello, just to update - when i changed the 'All Products' under the shop button where it redirects you to products...

i just changed it to 'homepage' for the mean time, expecting it just to refresh the page.

but it turns out that this worked?

the button functions how it should of phone, and on PC it works unless you click it twice, of which it refreshes.

Im hoping this works for everyone too, is it working for you? p.s thankyou

Vinsinfo
Shopify Partner
175 60 53

@iwin We need to customize on theme to fix this. But, we cannot provide solution unless looking on the header code since it is different theme. Can you please check whether header-mega-menu.liquid is available on your theme and provide screenshot of the code for menu?

iwin
Excursionist
51 0 8

Hey @Vinsinfo 

thankyou for your time so far, i only have header.liquid if this is relevent?